[14] ARCHIE

s i c k

you place your hand on archie's temple to check how his fever was getting on, you sigh as you feel the burning feeling on your hand signifying that he still had it.

archie looks up at you for your reaction and you just shake your head and get up from the bed, "you're still ill archie, you need to rest some more." you say to him just before your phone starts ringing.

you excuse yourself for a minute and pick it up from his bedside table, seeing the caller id as 'veronica' you walk over to the corner of the room.

"hello." you say into the phone.

"y/n hey, just wanted to ask why you and archie aren't at school today. the games on today you guys said you'd come."

"oh," you suddenly what you had said the other day to your friends, "yeah uh, archie's actually sick so i'm taking care of him."

"oh, poor thing hope he gets better. me and the guys will come round to check on him then." you could sense her smiling through the phone, "i'll see you later."

"bye." you say with a smile at end the call, turning back round to look at a confused archie.

"who was that?" he asks and shuffles around to sit upright on his bed.

"just veronica." you walk over and sit down next to him, giving him a big hug, "she told me she'd come round with betty and jughead later to check on you."

"that's great." archie smiles, then his face forms into a frown, "aw, i totally forgot about the game today."

you laugh at him and shake your head, "you wouldn't of been able to go anyway, you're ill archie."

he looks over at you with raised eyebrows, "but you could've went."

"it's a stupid football match," you accidentally blurt out but then decide to go with it, "i'd rather be here taking care and making sure your okay than being there."

you grin at him and he smiles back with a little embarrassment as his cheeks go a slight shade of pink.

"thanks y/n, i really appreciate it."

"no problem arch."