Chapter Nine: The Storm

I was on my glider on a perfect day. It felt right, happy, and peaceful.

I looked to the side to see Aang, on Appa, Sokka on Aang's glider, he was actually enjoying it, and Katara on giant Momo, she seemed to be just as happy.

"We need you, Gyawa." Aang said, with a light smile.

"I need you too." I replied, just then I turned my head to see a storm approaching.

"Be careful, guys. Guys?" I asked, as they turned from happy to distant.

"You're not from here." Aang muttered, like it broke him.

"Foreigner!" Sokka shouted, I closed my eye and flew my glider as fast as I could.

When I opened them again I saw Nun Yongten, sitting in mid air. "Yongten?" I asked, as I was now on Wandak

"Why did you disappear?" She asked, looking me dead in the eyes with sorrow.

"I didn't mean too." I replied, with a little girl dread of what I did.

I reached out to touch her, when I put a hand on her, she turned to ash and faded in the wind.

"We need you Gyawa." I heard her say.

I looked under me to see Wandak was gone and I was falling. I landed on piles and piles of bones and half rotted corpses all in air nomad uniform. I gasped and ran out as fast as I could, I looked up to see Air Nomads in the sky, all chanting "We need you Gyawa." I ran as I covered my ears, the fear and dread was becoming too strong.

I opened them again to feel even more fear. Aang screaming as we were in the storm and diving into the ocean. I almost let go, almost gave into the despair.

                                            ~*~

I gasped one more time before opening my eyes to see I was back at our camp.

As I sat up Momo got scared and ran threw Katara and Sokka as they were asleep. "Aw what's going on? Did we get captured again?" Sokka asked, half asleep holding out his boomerang.

"It's nothing. Go back to sleep." I replied, still thinking about the dream. Why was I so scared?

"Don't have to tell me twice." Sokka mumbled, going back to sleep.

I noticed Aang was awake already, he seemed to be deep in thought.

"Are you alright Gyawa?" Katara asked.

"I'm fine." I said laying back down.

"You seem to be having a lot of nightmares lately, you want to tell me about it?" She asked, seeming concerned, I couldn't shake the thought of how they'd see me if they knew I was from a different world.

"I'm fine." I said again, and maybe a little harsh but I needed Katara off my back.

"You guys want to hear about my dream?" Sokka asked, sitting back up. We all looked at him with tired faces, even Momo. "That's okay I didn't want to talk about it anyway." Sokka said, clearly disappointed as he laid back down.

                                            ~*~

"Look at those clear skies buddy. Should be some smooth flying." Aang said, to Appa as we were packing to leave.

"Well we better smoothly fly ourselves to a market, because we're out of food." Katara warned, walking on Appa.

"Guys, wait this was in my dream! We shouldn't go to the market." Sokka said, with such a serious concern.