Jungle Rumble

[DAY 1] MORNING

My mind jolted awake over a sound I did not recognized. My eyes stayed dark-viewed even knowing they're wide open. I got up from my position to find a light switch, but all I felt was a wall. A smooth wall that circled around me like a cylinder.

I heard Pikachu's voice close to me and catered to him. He's alive, well and awake like me, but still overall confused on where I am.

"What the hell?" I whispered.

Suddenly the floor under me lit up with blue and white patterns. Showing me I'm on top of a platform. I even discovered that the circular wall is glass. There were more platforms like mine that circled the area to make a huge circle. More legs that moved about in those cylinders as well.

A white brighten light like a spotlight, shined behind me. The others as well did the same thing and I can see their silhouettes. The characters around me had their own personality, the way they moved in their cylinder. All have Pokémon of their own with them. Some stayed still, some repeatedly banged the class and this one figure kept clawing the glass with it's head tilted to the right.

"Welcome to Pokèmon Royale!" A voice echoed through the void. "Where all your actions lead to consequences."

Everyone listened to the voice. Wondering why we're all here. I don't even know how I even got here. Pikachu jumped in my arms, scared.

"Those of you that are new must know that this is a competition. A competition to survive from one another." The voice continued.

"I don't remember entering a contest?" I asked to myself.

"All of the contestants are chosen to be forced to fight, for our entertainment. The rules are simple, survive until last one standing. The killing can be done however you want it to be. If you choose not to give effort then we'll be signaling all others to charge at you." The voice explained.

"Killing?! What kind of damn joke is this!?" I yelled, so did others as well. A few of them didn't react though, acting like they heard it before.

"Let Pokémon Royale begin!" The voice shouted.

The lights immediately turned off. The platforms began to move in a fast pace. I clenched Pikachu closer and waited of what was going to happen. After awhile the platform stopped moving sideways. Slowly starting to move up with a hole opening in the roof. Bright light blinded me until the platform stopped.

When my eyes re-adjusted the view of a jungle fascinated me. All around me is nothing but tall trees and shades of greens. The transparent cylinder slid down so I can roam around freely. Sounds of life filled the air. The canopy blocking the rays of the sun nicely.

Pikachu spoke in my arms, frightened. "I don't know what's going on, Pikachu."

The platform soon woke to pop out a small column. The top held a device similar to a Pokedex. I reluctantly grabbed it, Pikachu dropped to my side, still curious. I clicked the button expecting any other Pokedex would react.

A mechanic voice spoke, "Welcome new Trainer to Pokemon Royale! I'm your personal one and only Pokedex. All specific answers can be answered right here." The voice sounded like a female, but robotic.

"What? Is this a elaborate joke?!" My anger got the best of me.

"By no means this is a joke, Trainer Red. You must participate or suffer the consequences."

I looked up from facing away the truth. This is madness! Kill innocent people for other's entertainment!? Why. . . why?

"Why is. . . is this- Pokemon Royale even a thing?!" I asked.