Hi, my name is Genie

Shoot, shoot, shoot!
My phone. Where in the world did it go? I left it here. I could have sworn it was—yup, there it is. Phew! The reason why I'm freaking out is because the interview I have with this animation company is this afternoon and all my notes are on it. You see, I desperately want to get into this internship since those who come out are immediately asked to join other top rated companies. If I get in, then I won't have to go back home and face the turmoil that is my family.
Now where's my— Ah! I'm late! Screw it, I don't need a belt anyways.
RIP!
My pants...did they seriously just rip?
Today is not going to be a good day.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
The first thing that I need to do is go to class. I missed last week due to a majorly needed tv binge. After getting off the phone with my mother, only the serious comedy of The Office could cheer me up. Whenever I talk with my mother, she puts this dark cloud over my head. As if happiness never existed.
I sit near the window if class because the outside is so cheerful and bright, it's the only way I could stay awake during this immensely boring lecture.
BAM! What the—
I whip my head towards the seat next to me and see this tall, blonde jock smile shyly at me.
"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you" he says.
"That's ok". I watch him as he sits down. He looks up and I immediately look away, embarrassed for even staring. Now the tables turned. He was starring at me. I turn to look at him and muster the courage to snap at him for starring until he says, "Today is a beautiful day, huh"
Wow. I'm an idiot. He wasn't looking at me. He was looking out the window.
"I'm Jake, by the way". He extends his hand and I take it. "Hi, my name is Genie"
We shake hands and his smile grows bigger. "Nice to meet you Genie"
At this moment, I realize I never heard of him before. And we were already half way through the semester.
Why was here?