Wine Troubles

Wine never liked her name. It went too well with her personality. People would always complement it but she was never proud. She was never proud of the name, or her looks. No matter what people said, she only came to care for one person, Knock.

Knock and Wine were an odd pairing. It wasn’t the human, nymph thing but their personalities were completely different. Wine was outgoing, she didn’t care what they thought, only what Knock thought, but Knock cared about everything she didn’t. When they went out Wine wasn’t scared to be coupley but Knock was worried about the single people out there.  Wine didn’t care how she dressed because she only cared about Knocks eyes but Knock thought very carefully about what her wear because he didn’t want to be improper. Wine was outgoing but Knock was not she went out every night but he stayed in. They were opposites but they loved each other,

To get Knock out of his shell, Wine was throwing a party. Everyone was coming, even Knock’s mother. It was going to be the first of many meetings, some nice others not so much.

“ You ready, Hun?”  Wine said, coming into the bedroom they shared. Her crimson colored hair was loosely curled around her shoulders. Her ivory skin matched the brick red, flower lace dress she had on perfectly. The black jacket she draped across her shoulders matched the heeled boots she had put on at the last minute.  She looked flawless without trying.

“ Yah, just a sec.” Knock said. He stepped out of the closet, rolling up his sleeves, his outfit was unmatched.   His milk chocolate hair was smoothed back and his face was cleanly shaven, showing his jaw bone even more. The washed, ripped blue jeans he had on beautifully sculpted his legs and went well with the plan white dress shirt he had on. With the sleeve rolled off and the first button undone he was very handsome.

“ You look good. Can I keep you here?” Wine said with a smirk.

“ If you want, but I got all dressed up for nothing, plus we have to meet my mom.” Knock said.

“ Your ears are turning red, I was only teasing you darling.”

Knock just smiled. He had grown accustomed to this type of teasing but it still made him blush, even if it was just the two. Wine grinned and was about to speak but the doorbell rang.

“ I’ll get it.”  Wine said.

Wine left the room and even if he wasn’t supposed to, Knock followed. They should greet the guest together.  

Soon after all the guest had arrived, well except the one guest that was most important… The mother. Wine was nervous but she couldn’t show it for Knock’s sake. This all had to go well, for both of them, you see Knock ment the world to her and the other way around. Wine could not afford to mess this up.  

Wine was so busy fretting that she didn’t hear the bell ring, but luckily Knock did. He opened the door and there she was, the woman who had raised him from childbirth. She looked stunning. Her blonde hair was pinned up in little waves and her black, knee length dress hugged her curves giving her a young youthful look even though she was over 40. With the heels she was wearing she was almost the same height as Knock.

“ Mother!!” Knock exclaimed, his eyes gleaming and the grin on his face, you could tell how happy he was to see her.  Wine hearing him exclaim turned quickly.

“ Knock, how have you been? School going well? What about work? Where is your girl? Are you getting enough to eat? Wait to many questions, one at a time. Most importantly where is your girl?”  his mother said with a friendly gleam in her eye.

Wine took that moment to bring herself into the conversation.

“ Hello, I’m Wine. It’s nice to meet you, I have heard alot about you.”