Chapter 1 Lost

A/N: So heres chapter 1 of the first new book of the new year! I've been wanting to do this book since the first TMTL book but didn't think anyone would be interested. Its a little different than my normal books as the OC is Killian's daughter instead of his love interest. I hope you guys like it. Its going to be a long book! theres a lot that happens before we get to Will! I also thought Margaret Qualley was the perfect face claim for Liza! 

I should also note that CaptainSwan is NOT endgame in this book, I don't ship CS (I figured that was clear with all the xOC books XD) They are a thing here but they are brief. I just didn't want anyone coming for me in the comments so I'm getting it out there now. XD 
Anyways I hope you all enjoy! <3 

Captain Killian Jones and his crew sat in the crowded tavern, celebrating their latest plunder with drinks, and gambling, when a redheaded woman made her way to the table pushing her way through the crew and coming face to face with their Captain.
"I thought that was your ship." She said and raised an eyebrow at him. Killian set his stein down and grinned.
"Well, look who it is. Katie, darling, have a seat. What's it been? 3..4 years?" He said and pat his lap.
"Give or take." She said and sauntered over to him. "Actually, Captain..I was hoping we could spend some time alone." She winked at him. Killian's eyebrows raised.
"Were you now?" He smirked and looked at his crew. "It seems I have some business to attend to. See that I am undisturbed." He said and stood from his seat, picking up the bottle of rum on the table and taking Katies hand.
"Lead the way love." He said.

She smiled and lead him out of the tavern. The cool night air hit him in the face, and was almost sobering.
"I have something for you Captain, I've left it over by your ship. I've been waiting for you."
"My apologies Katie, I am a busy man."
"Oh, Of course." Katie shrugged and lead him over to the docks. She let go of his hand and walked away from him and behind some cargo crates.
"Katie?" Killian asked. "What are you doing?" He chuckled.
Katie returned..but she had someone with her. A small dark haired child that she was dragging along behind her. She approached Killian and the child latched onto her waist and peeked out from behind her at him with her huge blue eyes.
"Katie.. What is this?" He asked.
"This." Katie said and gestured down to the girl. "Is yours and as far as I am concerned, she is your bloody problem now." She said.
"Mine?" Killian asked.
"Yes, Killian, yours." Katie sighed as she tried to pry the scared child off of her. "4 years ago you came to port, and ruined my damn life so I'm returning the favor."
Killian looked down at the girl and it was hard to deny that she did favor him.
"Katie, I live my life on the sea, A ship is no place for a child. I'll help you with..whatever you need for her but she can't come with me."
"Well, as I said, its no longer my problem." She shrugged and finally pulled the child off of her. "Goodbye Killian." She scoffed and started walking away.
"Mama!" The child cried and ran with her arms out and latched onto Katies leg.
"Oh will you stop that?!" Katie groaned and with one hard push she shoved the child off of her. The child stumbled and fell backwards onto her elbows and sat there wailing as she watched her mother leave her and Killian thought he could kill that woman and not think twice about it. How could any mother do that to their child? Had he known about the girl before now, Katie would have never had the chance.

Killian set the bottle of rum down on a crate and approached the little girl. The little girl looked up at him and scrambled to her feet before running and hiding behind a large cargo crate.
Killian sighed heavily and cautiously approached the cargo crate and peeked behind it. The girl was sitting with her knees up to her chest and her head resting on them as she whimpered. Her elbows were scraped and bleeding from hitting the ground, and she was shivering from the cold night air.
"I'm not going to hurt you lass." He said softly.
The girl raised her head slowly to look at him. Killian crouched down, still keeping his distance but he smiled at her.
"I want mama.." She whimpered.
"Unfortunately darling, I don't think I can make that happen." Killian frowned. "But..I promise you that if you come with me, no one will ever hurt you like that again." The girl shifted and sat up on her knees and crawled cautiously towards him.
"Are you papa?" She asked. "Mama said Papa was here.."
Getting a closer look at the girl, he could definitely see a resemblance and oddly enough, she actually favored his older brother quite a bit.
"Aye. I am. You don't have to be afraid of me." He said and held out his hand. "What is your name?"
"Elizabeth." She said and slowly reached out before placing her small hand in his.
"Well, Elizabeth my name is Captain Killian Jones and that over there, is my ship." He said and pointed to his vessel. "Have you ever been on a ship?"
Elizabeth shook her head.
"Would you like to?" Killian asked.
Elizabeth looked unsure as he helped her to her feet.
"Come on, I'll give you the grand tour." He smiled and gave her hand a light squeeze.
"Okay." She nodded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After touring the ship, Killian took Elizabeth into the Galley where his cook, who had decided to stay behind to take inventory of their fresh supplies was still counting.
"Ah, Captain I didn't expect you back so s-What..is this?" He asked looking at Elizabeth who backed away, slightly afraid of his grotesque appearance, he had a long scar down the whole left side of his face and his eye was missing.
"Don't worry Elizabeth, Shaw is a grumpy old man but his bark is worse than his bite. Shaw, this is Elizabeth, she will be with us from here on out." He said. "Any further questions?" He asked, but gave Shaw a look, that suggested he should bite his tongue.
"Aye, I'm assuming you'd like me to cook something up for her. Considering she looks like she hasn't seen a decent meal since birth?."
"Aye. Please. I'm going to go get her cleaned up can you bring it to my cabin when its finished?"
"Aye Captain." Shaw replied and Killian lead Elizabeth back up the steps to the main deck.
"He's scary." Elizabeth whispered. "Where'd his eye go?"
"You know, I have no idea." Killian said and then wondered the same thing to himself.