Cold Sweats

I wake up in a barn. Why am I tied to a chair??

My pistol thats usually strapped to my hip gone. Where am I? I notice two men with Big guns standing in front of me. What are they saying?

It must be some kind of different language or code because I understand nothing of it. They start rattling of more of the gibberish, "what?" I say. They must like that answer because one of them punched me hard across the jaw.

"Ow fuck," I say, they must like my face of pain because they start to smile. I smile back and curse at them because I know they wont understand. My smirk of confidence earned me another punch across the jaw. Shit these guys can really punch I think as I spit out some blood that began to gather in my mouth. They began to look at me again and speak their gibberish, again I ask "what?"

This time I don't get a punch across the jaw. This time I get a fully loaded gun aimed at my head.

I squeeze my eyes shut, knowing this is it for the great TJ Phillips, best hitman in the world. I hear the man put his finger to the trigger and pull, i hear the bullet erupt out of the gun, but wheres the pain? Wheres the darkness? Wheres my death?

I faintly hear a ringing in the backround, is that a phone? An alarm? No. A ringtone. My ringtone. I can hear miley cyrus junior's i came in like bulldozer playing and the vibrating of my iphone 27. I wake up.

It was just a dream i tell myself. But how? It felt so really, the punches felt so real, the blood in my mouth felt so real. I look at my phone. The screen display reads, Keeton is calling📞📞. Keeton is my boss, he assigns every hitman job I've ever done. I answer. "Hello?" Keeton apologizes for calling at this hour. I didnt even notice it was only five a.m.

"TJ I have a job for you," Keeton says.

"Yes?" I answer

"I need you to kill James Voss," said Keeton.

James Voss was one of the most well known buisness men in America, but everyone knew he was corrupt.

"TJ," Keeton said "James knows this is coming, he wont go down without a fight, thats why we need you, our best hitman for the job."

"I think i can handle it Keeton," I said. And then i disconnected.

I got up and changed out of my pajamas. I was on my way to oregon, home of Voss Industries.