My neighbor, My lover

Chapter 1: The worst meeting ever
----------

-Moonbyul's pov-

"Good Morning everyone! Today, we'll be talking about how the earth revolves. *Chuckling* Of course not. Today the elections of the United States will be starting-.'

And blah this and blah that. I glance at the ongoing news about some political problem then back at my laptop that was opened for half an hour and has an empty page with its cursor blinking at me waiting for me to type something.

I got nothing in mind. It's like my mind is turning arid from the emptiness. And thinking about it, I was NEVER this blank before. The way how much life affected me must've caused different consequences in my life. I just don't understand how much I'm so empty. I guess I wasn't really that much of a person with so many features in them.

But if I really want to ease that arid mind of mine, I need to experience something new. Perhaps, Something that could help me leave this emptiness? Just something new at least...

I lifted my hoodie over my head and crossed my arms trying to feel comfortable on this soft fluffy couch that I've been sitting on for about an hour. No actually scratch that, for two hours now. I sigh, dropping my head on the couch feeling drowsy already. I gently closed my eyes not knowing how much I've been staring into the screen for two hours.

*

And from there, I woke up feeling startled by the ringing of my phone. I felt vibrations coming from the left pocket of my hoodie and took it out while massaging my head because of a sudden headache.

Not even bothering to check who's calling, I greet in a casual tone having the other line gasp from my casual greeting.

"*GASPING* Do you not know how to say a simple 'Good Morning' to your mother?" I shake my head while chuckling at how stupid my mom sounds. She never cares if I greet casually or not. She's just overreacting too much. This is why I love my mom. She never cares but overreacts.

"Mom, it isn't 'Morning' anymore. So Good Afternoon, Mother." I told her making her laugh because of embarrassment. I double check the time and I was right, it's already 12:06 pm.

"Well, what are you up to Sweetcake?" I slouch deeper into the couch not really wanting to answer her question. I've always felt guilty that I haven't done anything in life, just laying and thinking of any ideas for the upcoming book that I have to start with.

"Nothing really. And please stop calling me that." I told her hating how much I hate it when she calls me 'Sweetcake'. I silently gagged when she says it again.

"What do you mean? So I can't call you 'Sweetcake' but you father can?" She asks feeling hurt.

"No no, that wasn't what I meant. You can call me that but just please not all the time."

"Well ok, sweetheart." She said. I was about to complain again but she stopped me. "And don't you dare tell me that I can't call you this too. This is my new nickname for you so please let me use it." She begs sounding like a small child wanting a lollipop. I laugh at my mother's childish acts as I agree giving up on complaining.

"Fine," I whisper hearing loud cheers on the other line. A smile went up into my face, happy to see my mom happy. "Please be the mature one here mom. I feel old." I mumble towards the phone having my mom laugh aloud.