Chapter 1 - Larsson

Mexico, Perdido, the town of Chuparosa. The Mexican revolution hasn't started yet, but is bound to. Colonel Allende is a man of terrible deeds. He's a crooked man. Hidden behind rich gold coins, every Mexicans dreams. Wealth and women. Disgusting. Allende is a man of that. A terrible leader to our blood and country. If religious was such a savior to a few, why haven't their wishes been answered?
The Rebellion is against the Mexican Army. We demand our freedom from this pathetic country we live in. Allende is against that. He'd rather kill us all. I wouldn't blame him. Perhaps if he was a better leader things wouldn't have to be like this. I do now believe money can change a person, but a person can change themselves.

"Larsson!" Kovu shouts at me as he walks up with his brown horse, "Did you get the money?"
"No sir," I fold my arms, "I'm tired of walking up to strangers like this."

"Walk. Talk. Take the cash on 'em. Missy, the job is easy."

"Easier when they ain't got a gun," I take a look at my hat. Two holes already on a new hat. Kovu groans, "Why ain't you use that little charm of yours, huh?"

"Bribing?" Cleary he wanted me to use a females secret to steal, "I'd rather keep that out of this."

"Do you want me to shoot you like I did to Reyes!?"

"No sir."

"Get on."

I mount on his horse behind him.

Kovu was a rebellion like me. Unlike me, he kills anything that appeals to him.
I haven't had the guts to actually kill someone just like that. I envy that feeling. I didn't like his plans much, only the breaking of horses. They'd send me out of town with El Señor, a mule, to bring back horses to the Gang. In the meantime, I sell half of the horses to other Gangs for my sake. Without them noticing.

I plan to leave the country and sail across. Of course it won't be easy for me if I can't break myself from shooting a person.

"Allende has announced about the revolution. Rumors say it begins in four days," Kovu tells me, "Are you joining?"

"You know what they to do woman like me," I sadly say.

This place has some kind of beauty, but eventually there are men who do sick things to us females. Allende is one of those men. There are only two options for us.
Stay alive and become a slave to be used or be used then become hanged.
There is that third option, loads of women have used that too. It's sad really. The guts to end our fragile life.

"I have a feeling you are really a Chicana.." Kovu growls picking up the pace of the horse.

Chicana is a word for an American Mexican. One who is fully American hidden with Mexican blood sort of thing. Chicana can also be another new blood of Mexican-line, but fully blooded Mexicans hate us. We're too "gringo", or too white faced. They'd taunt us as if we are becoming like the white Americans, which we are not. I'm not, at least. I know it's wrong. A scum's move.

"Course not," I lie, "I just study the history and people."

I have the blood of this country, I won't deny that. But being taken away to "rightful" owner isn't my thing. It's like taming a horse and selling it. A Native can tell you that. So can an Irish. "You never seem to amaze me, Larsson."

"I'm not yours anyways. I don't imply to impress anyone."

"We'll see about that."

We reach back to camp. Night. The gang had set up a fire for warmth and to cook. Mary comes running to hug me, "How was the job?"

"Not exciting, but something. I learned about cattle at least."

Mary is a gringa. A female white girl. She acted like my little sister, since she is typically younger than me. Worrying about her made me become a sister to her.

"Cattlemen are such good workers now a days, huh?" Mary looks to Kovu.

"Shut your mouth, gringa."

Mary holds onto me. "Don't talk to her like that."

"I can talk to whoever I want to," he aims his revolver at me.

"Put the gun down Hitachi," Salteró says cutting the meat of a rabbit in pieces. Kovu sets it down. Salteró can be a nice and mean person. I'm just glad he has a slight respect for Mary and I. "Now come over here and eat. All of you."

"Rikkun, you look pale. Something wrong?" Salteró asks.

"The Army, ellos are going to wipe out everything.."

"Yes, they will. But we and others will make sure we at least kill half of them."

I want to believe that, but what does faith want from my wishing? I hold my string around my neck tightly wishing for a better change in everything. Nothing has happened.

"Someone has to make Allende suffer," I say, "someone has to take that chance."

"Oh he'll suffer alright," Hitachi snarls eating, "I'm make sure of that. If anyone backs out of the group I'll make sure they'll suffer too!"

Salteró glares to Kovu, not liking his way of thoughts. "Not everyone thinks like you, Hitachi."

He doesn't answer. Instead he just stares at his food like a hungry and angry animal.

Mexico isn't a bad place. It has bad people to make it a bad place. Gray, my pet wolf, sits next to me. "Can't you just leave that mutt elsewhere?" Kovu glares.

Gray has been with me since little. Well, until maybe 10 years of age. I've always loved the wildlife and how peaceful it could be. Gray actually came up to me, not being threatening or even a growl from her, and actually liked me. We've bonded there and she showed me alot of nice places.

"I can't leave her, she's my best friend," I pet Gray's head. Kovu rolls his eyes.

I whisper into Gray's ear, "Do you think I should learn how to shoot?"

Gray slowly nods.

"Ok. Go fetch, please?" Gray nods her head and runs off into the night. She's smart. She won't get hurt.

Salteró doesn't question Gray. Whenever she comes around him, he'll just pet her and give her spare bones he'd retrieve from American Buffalos. Salteró would cross the land to get food for us sometimes.

Horses run pass us quickly. The sounds of their hooves hitting the ground even made the ground shake.

Smelling the air, it was thick and rotten.

Wet.

"What the hell?" Kovu questions looking around at the animals running away passing our camp. "Rikkun, what is it?" Salteró asks me.

I've been known for my great sense of smell and hearing, like Gray. I've learned by myself whenever I had been alone most of my time and life.

"Not sure. It's heavy and strong.." I say looking up at the sky. The afternoon seem to darken because of the clouds. I've never seen this color and sense from the sky. The roaring and shaking. "Get on the horses!" I shout, lifting Mary up onto my shoulders. Kovu lifts us onto his horse and he mounts on. Salteró mounts onto his. The horses were frightened. "It's them twisters!" Tucker shouts from his horse as he gallops away. We follow behind.

"But those never happen around here?!" Mary calls out, "I'm scared!" She holds onto me.

"Follow those horses!"

"We have to warn the town!" Salteró shouts, "Follow the wild horses, I'll get the town folks out!" He leaves the group back to town.

Sorry this was so short, how was the story so far? Should I continue this?