Jammingway

The day started normally as usual for Jiro Kyoka. She yawned as she moved slowly to sit up in her bed. Her eyes flinched from the bright blue light from her phone, as she checked the time. Almost in a rush, Jiro sat up, throwing on some clothes as quickly as humanly possible. While she was doing this, though, she'd realized she wasn't hearing her mother's voice to tell her how late she was going to be. She also began to realize Mr. Aizawa wasn't furiously knocking on her dorm, which meant only two things: either she was having a lucid dream, or the most realistic; it was the weekend.

"How could I be so stupid?", she asked herself, dropping the school's skirt that she was about to wear. "I guess I've been a little on edge lately." Jiro reached for her phone as she laid back once more on her bed. Scrolling through her messages, she found one that she wasn't really expecting, but one she didn't mind either. It was from her classmate, and friend when she wanted to, Denki Kaminari. "Kaminari?", she quietly said to herself. 'How'd he even get my number?'

"Whatever, I guess.", she said as she read the text from him:

'Jiro, you wanna hang out today? It's a pretty nice day out, and it'd be great if you were here.'

A slight blush covered Jiro's face as she sat up, looking at the text again. "Kaminari wants to hang out...with me?" Her blush was made brighter at the thought of Kaminari even thinking of her. Though she was hesitant, she responded with, 'Sure. I'll be down soon.'

Jiro searched her room to find something suitable to put on. Spotting a light grey shirt, reading "ROCKSTAR" in Japanese, she quickly threw on some black pants to go along with it. "I think this is good enough...", she said, sort of struggling to put on the jeans. "Damn it, come on!" After a couple of seconds of infuriation, the Earphone Jack Quirk user finally got her jeans on. 'About time', she thought to herself. Before she left her room, Jiro looked at herself in the mirror. Her streak of lavender sound waves in her overall purple hair, along with her asymmetrical bangs, reflected back at Jiro. She put on a wobbly smile as if confused on whether or not to be happy with her appearance. Still, she grabbed her phone, a pair of headphones, and made her way out of her room.

Once she stepped out of her room, though, she was ambushed. Or so it seemed.

"Going somewhere, ribbit?", Tsuyu Asui said, her cat-like stance a trademark of hers at this point. With her were Ochako Uraraka and Momo Yaoyorozu, each of them smiling at the petite girl.

"Wha..W-What are you guys doing here!?", Jiro screamed, almost jumping out of her skin.

"Did you forgot we live here, too?", Momo fired back, though playfully. "We heard that Kaminari said he was going to hang out with you earlier. Is that true?"

Jiro immediately blushed, as she quickly tried to change the subject. "Th-That's not—A-And so what if it was? We're just friends, Yao-Momo."

"For you two to be just friends, it seems like you're being a bit defensive about Kaminari.", Tsuyu said matter of factly, putting her finger on her chin.

"Relax, Kyoka. I'm just pushing your buttons a bit.", Momo said, laughing at her friend.

"Tsu's right, though! It's adorable the way you're defending Kaminari!", Uraraka said, squeezing her cheeks together while smiling.

Jiro blushed at the thought that they might be right. Had she been defensive about her friend, or were they just teasing her? Either way, she wasn't feeling up for a debate about her friend.

"I-It's not like that! I promise!" Though she tried to deny it, Momo and company just kept teasing her and laughing. "I-I...I have to go downstairs!" Jiro suddenly left the trio, bolting off quickly.

"What's up with Jiro?", Uraraka asked, confused why their friend had left so abruptly.

"I hope she didn't think we were making fun of her or anything...", Tsuyu added, her look of concern rubbing off on Yaoyorozu.

"Yeah, I guess we took it too far. Well, hopefully, we can catch up with her before she leaves..." As Jiro ran to the elevator, Jiro tried to think of anything but her classmate. But it was to no avail. He was the only thing on her mind...