intro

It was near noon, when I was still in my morning stupor and I couldn’t see much. My eyesight has really gotten worse over the past few months and I don’t know what is the cause of it. I’ve been lying to myself lately, trying to get myself to believe that I have infact, gotten better, but the lie couldn’t mask the bags under my eyes and my frail body. I don’t know how all of this happened to me. How? I constantly questioned myself, but the answer was no where within my reach. My eyelids were drooping over my teal eyes and my vision was blurred. As I walked down the grand stairs in my gloomy house, I felt a trickle running down my leg. I felt alive for the first time in months. I can bleed! I’m human! There was a hole in my stomach and I was alive! This is so lovely! I sat down in the puddle of blood forming at my feet, tears of joy spilling from my eyes.

“Mother! Sara! I’m alive and it’s so beautiful!” I yelled, hiccuping.

My mother ran in the room with Sara, horror clear on their faces.

“Aren’t you happy that I’m alive, Mommy?” I asked the pale woman. I smiled, a genuine smile, that my sister and mother said looked devilish, but I swear it really was from delight. Sara called a number on her phone.

“Are you calling Daddy to tell him that I’m alive?” I asked her, slowly slithering down in my blood. The hole in my lower stomach was only getting bigger now. I felt euphoria and then nothing.

“Mommy, am I still alive?” I called out.

I woke up the next day, overlooking myself in a hospital bed. There was a doctor, my mother, Sara and my father. I could hear quiet sobs coming from someone in the small crowd.

“Mother, don’t cry I’m right here!” I yelled. She never looked up. Does she not hear me? I thought I was alive. My father nodded solemnly.

“She’s in a coma and I hope you understand that we have no way of predicting when she will come out of it. It could be weeks, months or even years. She had severe blood loss, the cause is unknown. We will try to find the cause as soon as we can - and when we do, I will personally contact you.” he spoke slowly and then turned to my sister, “Sara, I will need you to keep watch over your mom, if you are worried about something, don’t hesitate to call for help.” He then proceeded to walk out of my room with my family. I’m in something I might never get out of! I want to mourn over this too!  I vow to never come back into this room, looking at myself make’s me want to throw up. Of course, I can’t. I am Elena, 17, dull, and possibly a temporary ghost.

This is a work of fiction. All of the organizations, characters, locations, and crimes are product of the authors imagination and are ficitious.