Like, like like?

"this is sooo cool" your friend cooed glancing back at you as she stood near the edge of the mountain admiring the overview of Colorado.

"That's actually pretty sweet" Mark caught up to you and stopped, lost in a daze at the view, he looked to you flashing his pearly whites. despite the black shades you see his chocolate eyes twinkling through. "Come on" he gestured his head for you to walk on as he jogged ahead to edge with your friend.

"You alright?" Marks mate Derick placed a hand on your shoulder, you guessed he was talking about what Mark just said to you. Derick knew you had a massive crush on Mark and he proceeded to be like a counsellor for you.

"Yeah" you breathed.
The corner of his lip curled up for a smile before both of you proceeded to catch up.

Located in an open field gated by forest was your camp for the night. There was only an abandoned campfire with two logs playing the role of chairs but thankfully Mark came prepared bringing four fold-up chairs along with him.

The sun was setting causing a blanket of purple and pink to merge and lay a blanket over the sky, the campfire was lit and all of you were wrapped up in thick clothing roasting marshmallows on the cosy, crackling fire.

Your friend, who sat opposite, shot you occasion looks as she glanced at Mark than you. Derick, who sat beside her eventually noticed and joined in causing you to scoff, gladly Mark didn't notice as he was too in-depth about his theory of how the camp was abandoned.

Derick put his hands on his knees as he glanced between all three of you.
" I think we start getting some sleep if you guys wanna climb up that mountain tomorrow"
You all nodded in agreement.
you and your friend packed away the chairs whilst the boys set up the bivvy and grabbed the sleeping bags.

"so?" she whispered nudging you.

"what" you smirked at her whilst continuing to fold the chairs, acting oblivious.

"you know what I'm talking about, how have you not asked him out already?"

"I don't have any balls to, plus, I'm not even sure he likes me" you shrugged feeling something drop to the pit of your stomach at the thought.

"what?-(Y/N), of course he does!"
You glanced back over your shoulder to see Mark and Derick looking back at you, you averted your gaze glaring at your friend in the process which soon turned into both of you chuckling.

All four of you laid in the bivvy with the front open. You were the only one awake as you lied and watched the stars, it was like someone had crushed up diamonds then scattered them across the sky.

"Hey (Y/N), are you awake" you heard someone whisper, you turned your head to see Mark learning on his arm looking at you. "Sorry if I've woke you, I can't sleep"

You plopped yourself up onto your elbows.

"It's fine, I wasn't even sleeping" you whispered back.

"Is it alright I lay next to you?, I mean so we don't have to talk between this" he scoffed looking down at your friend who laid between you two: mouth open snoring. You nodded.

"It's a really nice sky up here" he said as he laid down his sleeping bag beside you to then adjust inside of it. your heart was pumping faster than usual you remained calm.

"I've always found stars so...fascinating" you mumbled laying back down, he hummed in agreement.

"I'm glad you came (y/n)"

"Really?" You turned your head to him.

"Yeah, you're pretty cool" he smirked making you smile.

You both turned your attention back to the sky, you had words burning on the tip of your tongue but you couldn't muster the courage to say it.

"Isn't space just a beautiful concept"

You gazed over at him to examine his stunned face, his eyes held such content and joy yet you couldn't blame him.

You felt your fingers brush past his sparking your courage back.

" I like you mark" he looked back at you, you panicked unsure as you couldn't read his expression. "I'm sorry"

"no don't be, do you really?"

" yeah"

"like, like-like me?"

You nodded with a chuckle resulting for him to sit up.
"Y/n"Your brows furrowed thinking something was wrong. "That's so much relief!" he shot back around to you "I've been trying build some courage all day to say something"

You felt yourself becoming all smiles at his words, your hands brushed each other again though this time he hesitantly interlocked his fingers with yours.