Chapter 1 - Late Night Phone Calls

I felt myself begin to stir after feeling the rhythmic buzzing of my phone on my bed side table. Rubbing my eyes I check me clock. "2:30?! Who's calling me this late?" I whisper/yell to myself. I pick up my phone and scanning over the familiar name 'Luke' lit up before me. "Hello?" I asked, my voice still groggy from just waking up. "Open your window." He replied in a hushed voice. "What?" I asked, now sitting up, earning a scuff from him. "You heard me... Open the window." He said, now in a normal tone. "Um..." I hesitated before getting out of my bed. "Okay?" As soon as I had the window open Luke stuck his head in, following one leg after the other. "Finally! I called you like 20 times!" He said pulling off his jacket. "I was sleeping... If you haven't noticed it's 2:30... What's this all about, Luke?" I asked. "We have to talk..." He said seriously, running his fingers through his hair. "And this couldn't have waited until tomorrow?" I replied, giving him the 'obviously face'. "No." He said, shaking his head, worry washing over his face. "What?" I asked, dropping my attitude momentarily. "I'm leaving and so are the boys... And I want you to come with us." He said. "Are you crazy I can't just leave?! What about school?! What about my family?!" I yelled. "Kelly you have to think about this." He started, covering my mouth with his hand. "If you don't leave now you'll be stuck here forever. Please, come with me." He finished, looking at me dead in the eyes. I stood there for a moment speechless and unsure. Getting frustrated, Luke turned resting his hands on the foot board of my bed. "Okay." I said. "Please Kell- wait what?" He said surprised by my sudden change of heart. "Yes." I said casually. Relief flooded his face with color. "Great. Get your stuff packed." He said, pulling an old pink suitcase from my closet, setting it on my bed. He then rushed over to my dresser pulling out hand-fulls of clothes and before I knew it he was zipping it closed. "Let's go." He said. "Wait right now?" I asked, shocked. "No, we'll run away in broad day-light... AND we'll tell your parents were we're going..." He replied sarcastically. I groaned lightly, turning on my heals picking up my school bag and dumping out the books, replacing them with my laptop and other electronics. "I'm ready." I said. Luke stood from my bed setting down the picture in his hand. After tossing my suitcase out the window he reached for my hand. "Wait... I have to tell my parents what happened." Quickly pulling a notebook and pen from my desk drawer scribbling something along the lines "dear mom and dad, leaving home for a while. i love you lots. see you soon! X x" Dropping the notepad on my bed, and taking in the sight of my room one last time. "Goodbye." I breathe before, turning to crawl out the window.