Chapter one

Its a warm autumns day when a cold breeze blows threw my hazel brown hair and the sun glistens on my deep sea green eyes. The leaves swirl around me in a circular pattern. As I continue to walk down the concrete sidewalk I start reciting a poem my father taught me three years back when I was six.

The wind bites but no one sees it

The world spins but no one feels it

The bees sing but no one hears it

Why do we see the obvious but we can't see that right in front of us is obviously the most important thing we have to offer?

It's kinda like the saying don't judge a book by its cover. Like don't Judge the obvious look for the importance in it. I was to young to understand but now It's become clear. I stepped onto the step leading to my cherry door. I hesitated to open it knowing I will have to face my Mom. As the door knob turns so does my stomach. "I'm home!" I yelled as it echoed threw the empty halls,bouncing of covered furniture."oh Alice finally you where making me nervous I thought you weren't coming home!" My mom said at the top of the stair well. "Get your bag we will be leaving in 10 minutes!" She said. I walked up our stair way into my white room. White covers, white walls stripped of their pictures and decorations. The only color was my red backpack on the bed. It was packed weeks ago. Ready to go to the hospital with everything I need to live for two weeks all waiting in a little bag. I sigh and take it down stairs. I drop it on the floor next to the door. I decide to go around saying goodbye to every thing I knew and grown up with. I say goodbye to the rare china doll from France my mom never let me play with as a kid. I even say goodbye to the old curtains that have been collecting dust since 1986. As I walk past my dad's old office my mom calls me to the door. "Are you ready?" She asks. "Oh Alice are you really going to go to the hospital in that?!" She says before I could answer her first question. I look down at my outfit which is made up of a purple jacket and long black pants tucked into purple rain boots. "What wrong with it?" I ask. "Well for starters your wearing rain boots and it's not raining." She said in a defeated tone as she looked at her watch. "Let's go we're going to be late!" She says as she pushes me out the door. Late for what? Late for the bed I'll be lying in for two weeks? I think it can wait for a few more minutes.