Chapter Twenty-One

That evening, everyone at Camp Arceus was sitting around the campfire as I recounted the tale of my daring escape. 

I told them about the prison guard who ignored us in favor of his terrible book. I told them about Reggie's constant attempts to woo Kitty. I told them about the creation of Li'l Guy. I told them about the watery soup and the stale bread. I told them about how Kitty harnessed her ability to turn invisible and used it to spy on the grunts. I told them about our first attempt at escaping and how that failed miserably. I told them about how Kitty received her Pokémon form shortly after our escape attempt. I told them about how we were all auctioned off. I told them about Regigigas busting in, knocking out the three evil team leaders that were there, and helping us escape. I told them about the epic escape from the grunts. I told them about how Kitty finally confessed her love to Reggie while we were hiding in that locked room. I told them about how Paul received his Pokémon form right after that. I told them the story Regigigas told us about how he managed to get there. I told them about our escape plan and how we carried it out. And I told them about how Terrence ran across the water, creating land wherever he stepped, while the rest of us flew on the backs of Paul and Lucy.

Everyone enjoyed our story, and they all clapped as I was finished telling it. Vicky then went to check up on Nuclea and see if she was alright. We waited for a while as she did that.

Then, suddenly, we saw Vicky run back to us as fast as she could. "GUYS." she said. "THERE'S BEEN AN EMERGENCY."

"What is it?" everyone asked.

"Nuclea's chest crystal is completely cracked! Like, split right down the middle. This means that she's in critical condition, and could die soon." Vicky explained.

I knew it, I thought. I knew the issue with Nuclea's chest crystal wasn't over yet.

 "Also, after examining it, the crack in her chest crystal doesn't seem like it was created by any natural occurrences, but rather by something man-made. So clearly, someone cracked Nuclea's chest crystal." she continued. "But who could have possibly done that?"

"Me." a familiar voice said. We looked, and there was Zeke, standing across from all of us. 

"Zeke Black!" I exclaimed. "I should have known it was you!" 

"Yes, it was me." Zeke replied. "After Diane foiled my plans to take over the world a year prior, I decided I would get revenge on her. As I observed her throughout my time at Camp Arceus, it occurred to me that she clearly loves this camp and enjoys her time here. So I decided to put the very camp she loves so dearly in jeopardy by breaking Nuclea's chest crystal. Then, Camp Arceus would be exposed to the harshness of the outside world, and the very camp that Diane loved so much would be destroyed! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" he cackled.

"So you're saying that you nearly killed an innocent girl by cracking her chest crystal, put the lives of many fellow demi-legendaries in danger by breaking the barrier, and potentially could have allowed Camp Arceus to be destroyed, which would leave demi-legendaries without somewhere to master their powers and cost millions in property damage... ALL SO YOU COULD GET BACK AT ME FOR A FIGHT I WON FAIR AND SQUARE?" I asked incredulously. "My Arceus, you are unbelievably petty."

"Even still, YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!" I said to him. 

"Well, if you want your revenge, I'm ready to fight at any time! And I promise I'll do better this time, Diane." he said. 

"Challenge accepted." I replied. "But I've got my friends on my side, so watch out." 

Zeke laughed. "You'll still be no match for me. I've recruited some team members of my own, and they are only the most powerful and merciless of fighters. So, good luck." Then he left. 

Vicky then gathered me, Terrence, Lucy, Reggie, and Gigi in a huddle. 

"Did you guys bring your weapons with you to camp?" she asked.

"Yeah." we replied.

"And your armor?"

"Yeah."

"Alright then. So there is only one thing that I need to tell you. Nuclea is at the point where if her chest crystal is damaged any more, she'll die and the barrier will never regenerate. But if a day goes by and it's not damaged any further, what is left of her chest crystal will create a new barrier, one that has no source and therefore cannot be shut down. So, we will have some of our toughest fighters guard the door to where Nuclea lays dormant, and they will hold him off until you are able to challenge him to a fight. Got it?"

"Got it." we replied. 

That night, I had a vivid dream. I was at Spear Pillar, and Dialga was standing in front of me. "DIANE!" he said, his booming voice echoing through the halls of Spear Pillar. 

"Yes, Father?" I replied. "What is it you want from me?" 

"I HAVE A FEW THINGS THAT YOU MUST DO TOMORROW, BEFORE YOU FIGHT ZEKE. YOU AND YOUR COUSIN MUST GO TO SPEAR PILLAR, SO HE CAN FINALLY MEET UP WITH HIS FATHER PALKIA. MEANWHILE, LUCY WILL TAKE KITTY TO NUGGET BRIDGE, WHERE MEW WILL BE WAITING FOR HER."

"Okay, sounds simple enough. That shouldn't take too long, since Paul could fly me to Spear Pillar." 

"AFTER THAT, YOU MUST TRAVEL TO HEATRAN'S FORGE. HE HAS WEAPONS AND ARMOR FOR KITTY AND PAUL TO USE DURING THE FIGHT WITH ZEKE." 

"Heatran's Forge? Where is that?"

"IT'S DEEP WITHIN STARK MOUNTAIN. YOU REALLY CAN'T MISS IT."

"Okay then, Father. I shall do as you ask."

"GREAT. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, DIANE."

I then ran up and gave him a big hug, and Dialga nuzzled up to me in return. "I love you so much, Father." I said to him. 

"I LOVE YOU TOO, DIANE." he replied. It was very sweet.

Then the dream ended, and when I woke up, I knew exactly what I had to do.