Prologue

At the edge of New York, roughly 50 miles away from the Pennsylvania border the gods built a school. Asfalis started off as several small cluster of buildings dedicated to the normal core classes, electives, and fine arts, along with some more helpful to demigods, such as weapon building, power controlling, and combat classes.
     It started off with only Greek demigods attending, but after much consideration the gods decided that Roman and Greek roots should be no cause for seperation and the Romans were given a place to learn too.
    At this point, Asfalis began to earn a reputation, as several of the college's graduates left the campus with several honors (though several alumni also disappeared mysteriously, a fact ignored by the media.) Eventually, after much argument from the school board the gates of Asfalis opened to the rich and prodigious as well, and the small cluster of buildings became a massive campus with first class dorms, pristine sports fields, a gorgeous performance hall, well-kept classrooms, and a variety of entertainment for its student body.
      Many dreamed of entering Asfalis and earning the right to roam those halls and earn the respect of their family and friends, but to do so was almost as rare as finding a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Even demigods, for whom the school had been built for, weren't guaranteed a place in the prestigious academy.
    So imagine the surprise on the faces of several demigods when they not only received their acceptance letters, signed in sparkling gold letters by the headmaster and stamped with the seal of approval of a god, but a full ride scholarship announcing that every demigod would have the opportunity to participate in an academic competition to replace the old gods.