1: Unhappy Family

"Weiss! You disgraceful abomination, why can't you just be like your sister. Or like your brother!" My father screamed throwing a bottle of whiskey next to my head as I shook in tears, how much longer was this going to last? I was only 14 Why couldn't my father love me as any other father would, how much longer until I finally break? Winter would save me right? No, she said once that she wouldn't always be here to save me. What about whitely?, no. He's too young to even realize what was happening. I could only lay on the hard wood floor and take the hits from my 'father', I forgot what warmth and happiness meant long ago. All I knew was the coldness and isolation, I really was the loneliest of all. No friends, no warmth from my family, searing pain erupted from my back. I couldn't scream, I couldn't even call for help. Mother, whitely, winter, they all all promised to protect me and love me. I curled into a ball as rough lashes from his whip hit my bare back, this was all for the good of the company. I'd save it one day, one day.

-3 years later-

The ride from Atlas to Vale was boring, everything was boring from my point of view. I see the same thing everyday, black and white. I don't remember seeing color in a long time, I do remember one color though. Red, red always stuck to my mind probably from seeing the color of my blood constantly. But, that couldn't be the real reason I knew it was something else or someone. I was brought back from my thoughts due to the airship shaking slightly as it finally landed in front of Beacon Academy, the beginning of my journey. I stepped off my private airship immediately catching site of a boy with blonde hair bent over a trash can puking his guts out, how distasteful . Huffing I walked forward taking in the beautiful campus.

"The view from vale gots nothin' on this!" Another blonde, but a girl this time smirked resting her hand on her hips with a brunette haired girl with red tips and a red hood squealed in excitement.

"Sis! That kid has a collapsible staff," she gasps grinning the girl almost ran off if it wasn't for the blond bimbo. "And she has a fire sword!!"

"Easy there little sister, they're just weapons."

"Just weapons!? They're an extension of us, a part of us! They're just sooo cool!"

"Well why can't you just swoon over your own weapon?" The blonde sighed, clearly use to this red hooded girls actions. "Aren't you happy with it?"

"Of course I'm happy with crescent rose!" The small girl take out a very large high caliber sniper rifle scythe hugging it, "I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people but better.."

"Ruby come on!" The bimbo pulled the red hood over 'Ruby's ' head further that it already was chuckling. "Why don't you try to make some friends of your own?"

"Why would I need to make friends when I have you?" Ruby asked earnestly her eyebrows furrowing.

"Well...actually my friends are here now, gotta catch up. See you later, okay? Bye!" The blonde left with her friends leaving her younger sister alone spinning in circles as she got closer to me.

"Wait, where are you going? Are we suppose to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing.." Ruby fell back into my luggage causing me to jump in shock, before crouching down holding my hand out.

"You okay little red?" I asked nervously a small blush staining my cheeks as I look away, I never talked to someone before other than suitors and servants.

"U..Uh, yeah I think so.." Ruby lifted her head placing her small hand in mine as I helped her up, her bright silver eyes striking something deep within me. She was so familiar so, unique.

"Ahem, I'm Weiss Schnee a pleasure to be in your presence." I cleared my throats before bowing slightly kissing her hand, a blush that rivaled the cloak she wore appeared on her round cheeks caused me to smirk internally.

"A..A..Ah, u..um! I'm R..Ruby Ro..Rose!" The adorable girl finally managed out as I tilted my head, 'rose? I know that last name. Wait, summer rose! My mothers best friend, her daughter Ruby Rose was my best friend when I was just 4-5 she was just a toddler then, how is she here??'

"Would you like to accompany me to the auditorium for Professor Ozpin's speech?" I questioned, I am quite sad that she does not remember me. I'm not surprised though, she was only 2-3.

"I...I, ah... Y..Yes ma'am!" Ruby yelled out before covering her mouth in embarrassment and silently nodding, I could only let out a hearty laugh. Me! The Ice queen who could 'freeze' you with a simple glare, I haven't laughed in forever.. Not since I last saw Ruby, and Winter still lived at home. I led the way to the auditorium walking with my posture straight as I was taught, the phantom pain on my back worsened but I kept a straight face.

"I saw your weapon , quite an impressive display back there. Aren't scythes one of the deadliest weapons to be wielded? I've only met one man who has uses one." I instantly sparked her interest, I knew that the man was her father.

"Yep, they are! My uncle Qrow is the only one other than me who wields a scythe it's soooo~ cool!" Ruby squealed bouncing in happiness, her hood slightly coming off revealing her wolf ears that I remember.

"Ruby Rose, if I may ask. Why hide your ears? They're absolutely beautiful you should be proud." I asked gently knowing Faunus traits are a sore spot for them.

"Well, after my mommy died, people started being really mean about it. So uncle qrow and yang, my sister helped me hide them with my hood." Her silver eyes dulled slightly, 'it's hard to believe summer was dead. No it's impossible.'

"Faunus are unique and special, you should be proud to be one I know I would be if I was like you." I gave her a small smile rubbing between her ears as she gave me a giant smile that melted my heart, Ruby truly was my happiness and warmth. But, I couldn't forget the darkness that was within me nor forget about my father.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter~!!