The Cabin in the Woods

Lorelei POV:

  Running through a forrest, hounds nearly at my ankles behind me. The air blowing through my hair, gasping as I try to find my way through.
The air was as thick as the forrest.
  I hear one, two, then three gunshots. I thought I was running as fast as I could but as soon as I heard the shots pierce through the damp air, I bolted, I felt as if I was next.
  The further I ran, the darker it got. I saw a clearing in the distance, there was a lake there. I look behind me and the hounds are gone, its quiet, the only sound to be heard is the wind blowing the trees above me.
Shaking out of fear, I quickly make my way to the lake, diving into the murky green water. As I swam to get across, I catch a glimpse of something at the bottom. I dive deeper into the water, a shimmering light grows brighter. Suddenly lilac surrounds me, it engulfs the once dirty water, it twinkles and stopped me from swimming any further.  The shimmer disappears, gone as if someone had flicked a switch. The water grew darker, colder than it once was before. I pull myself up, higher towards the light, the sun beaming into the water. The water around me starts to freeze, I start to near the top of the water but its too late, it was frozen once I finally reached it. I feel my lungs burn, my arms ache as I beat on the thick ice. I scream for help, losing the last of my air.

Current POV:

  I jolt up out of bed, bits of my hair plastered to my damp forehead. The room poorly lit, rays of pale blue peak out of the cracks from a boarded window.

  "It must be super early." I thought while yawning.

  I rubbed my eyes out of tiredness, emembering I had left my makeup on. "I knew I should of at least wiped my face before I went to bed." I groaned loudly.
  I dragged myself out of bed, my feet hitting the cold floor. I wince as I start to move, I forgot about my recently sprained ankle. I slowly make my way to the bathroom, using the wall to keep sone weight off my injury. I eventually find myself looking into the mirror. My silver hair was a birds nest, my pale blue eyes and face a disgusting mess of black eyeliner.
  I brush through my knotted hair as I turn the hot water knob in the sink. It creaked and slowly gave way to the water. As I started to scrub my face, there was a loud knocking at the door, I quickly finish and go to pull my hair into a bun. The knocking became persistent and made me nervous. I was finishing quickly making my way to the door.

  Right as I was about to open the door, the handle rattled erratically, as if they had plans to get in with or without my permission. I decided against answering the door out of fear on who was on the other side.
  I run back into the bathroom, my ankle hating every second of it. I quickly collect my belongings and stuff it into my old black duffle bag in the closet from the bedroom. I yank my phone and charger from the outlet and drag myself into the closet with everything packed, then I closed the door carefully, trying to make myself seem as if I wasn't there.
  The door in the living room ended up getting open, they must of picked the lock. Whoever they were moved noisily throughout the house, stomping and dragging their feet around as they made way to the bedroom.
I was watching through the blinds of the closet door waiting, then saw a tall man in his late 30's with shaggy brown hair and tattered clothes, looking around the room, scanning, as if he was looking for something important. He was holding a gun and that pursued me to pull mine from my bag, it was already loaded, I was ready to kick this mans ass until he flopped onto the bed, the metal frame creaking under him. I crouched, waiting. Thinking he was going to be looking into the closet. Not too much longer, the man let out loud, bear like snore. I try to look towards the bed where he was sleeping.

  I waited, probably a couple of hours before I decided to open the closet door. It creaked very quietly which made my heart thump loudly out fear. I closed my eyes as I took a deep breath, I watched his arm twitch but he didnt seem to wake up. I grabbed the other bag I had missed earlier from under the bed, it had Parker's things so it was important. I slowly made my way throughout the house, I heard the snoring stop and the man stir. I wait for this drunk man to show up but he never did. I decided to put the gun back into my bag and carefully open the front door and bolted. It hurt my ankle, but honestly I'd rather live.
  The next hour or two was a blur of trees, so many trees. After awhile I ran into an empty old highway, I yank my phone out of the pocket of my jean shorts.
  With just enough service, I speed dialed Parker' cell number. It rang until it went to voicemail, called once more. Still voicemail. "Please leave a message after the tone."

  "GOD DAMMIT PARKER ANSWER YOUR FUCKING PHONE!" I screamed profusely at the iphone.

I start quickly moving my way down the highway, my feet hitting the gritty pavement. I hear a car in the distance, the concrete crunching underneath the tires, then zoomed past me. It wasnt long before my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. I yanked it out and surely enough it was the boy himself.

  "Lorelei, can you explain to me why you are calling me at 4 am while I'm out getting us money?" Parker groaned on the other line, his british accent stronger than I had remembered.

  "To be fair its only 6 am here, also I need a different place to stay because some maniac busted into the cabin." I growled deeply, "Send someone to come get me or I swear I will steal a car myself."

  "Jesus fucking christ woman, alright send me your coordinates then." He scowled, on the other line then mumbling to someone in the room.

  I pull up maps and send him my location. Sedalia, Missouri. If you could even consider it that.

  "Allison, will get you. Luckily for you she was on her way here." Parker said as he hung up the phone.

  "WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HANG UP ON ME?!" I Screamed, my voice echoed into the nothingness that was around me. I sat on the side of the road, putting in headphones and played music.

  Later on I checked the time, realizing I must of spaced out.  A black car was speeding down the highway towards me until it started to slowed down once it started to get close, I was expecting it to turn on the next road until it pulled over to the side of the highway. A tall curvy woman with short blonde hair and droopy grey eyes came out of it, I pull myself up dusting the dirt and grass off of me. Grabbing the bags, I walk over and stop in front of her.

  "Hello Allison, it's been awhile hasn't it?" I muttered.

  "Jesus, you look like you've seen hell. Get in the car." She responded in worry, "Where are your shoes? You'll catch a cold girl."

  "SHIT! I knew I forgot something." I said as I thought about my poor converse I had left behind under the bed.

  Allison got inside and I made my way around, tossed the bags into the back seat, then hopped in to the front seat. I noticed she had two cups of coffee in the cup holder as I fastened my seat belt, I've learned a few times that Allison was a wild driver. I grab my small blanket from my bag behind me and snuggle into the seat, trying to make myself comfy. Right as I started to nod off, she muttered something about the current "job" being in Nevada. I nodded in and out hearing her drone on about how hard her life has been before I completely drifted off to sleep.