Prologue

June 15th,  5137

To whomever should find this,

I am Clara Noel and I am going to die. There is no question, no doubt about it for it has been prophesied and so for the sake of my kingdom and the people in it I must be burned. I wonder how it will feel. Not the fire, I have an idea of how that will feel. I assume it will feel excruciatingly painful, the hot embers of the fire, placing burning licks upon my toes, moving upwards, harsh kisses on my body until finally I am engulfed in the flame, unable to resist it's appetite for my flesh. No, I wonder how death will feel. Where will I go? Will there be a paradise waiting to greet me at the end of my short lived life or will there only be blackness, dark, somber and cold like underneath the ground where I am to live? It's strange, though, I do not feel afraid. More at peace with the idea of dying because I will be doing it for those who hold my heart close to theirs. The only one thing I regret is not cherishing every moment of my life. I used to go to sleep early and wake up late because I had nothing better to do but wait to die. Now, as I wait for the morning to come, sleep is one of the last things on my mind. At least my stupidly ironic life will be put to use somehow. I will not die in vain. I'm much too stubborn for that. Goodbye.

                                                                                             Yours Forever,

                                                                                                              Clara Noel