Chapter 1 Betrayal

Percy sighed as he sat on the beach, his hands on his guitar. It was a guitar Percy only used one day in a year, his first lover's birthday. He smiled as he let himself strum and get used to the feel before he started singing.

Dreams
That's where I have to go
To see your beautiful face anymore

I stare at a picture of you

And listen to the radio

Hope
Hope there's a conversation
Where we both admit we had it good
But until then
It's alienation I know
That much is understood
And I realize

If you ask me how I'm doin'
I would say I'm doin' just fine
I would lie and say that you're not on my mind
But I go out
And I sit down
At a table set for two
And finally I'm forced to face the truth

No matter what I say
I'm.., not over you

Damn
Damn girl you do it well
And I thought you were innocent
Took this heart and put it through hell
And still your magnificent

I, I'm a boomerang
Doesn't matter how you throw me
Turn around
And I'm back in the game
Even better than the old me
But I'm not even close without you

If you ask me how I'm doin'
I would say I'm doin' just fine
I would lie and say that you're not on my mind

But I go out
And I sit down
At a table set for two
And finally I'm forced to face the truth
No matter what I say
I'm.., not over you

And if I had the chance
To renew
You know there isn't a thing I wouldn't do
I could get back on the right track
But only if you'd be convinced
So until then

If you ask me how I'm doin'
I would say I'm doin' just fine
I would lie and say that you're not on my mind

But I go out
And I sit down
At a table set for two
And finally I'm forced to face the truth
No matter what I say
I'm.., not over you
Not over you
Not over you
Not over you

Percy sighed as he stretched before going to the dining pavilion, not bothering to leave his guitar in the cabin with danger if Kevin, his half-brother, was there and instead secured it to his back with the strap.

In the dining pavilion, he was early and sat down at the Poseidon table. He grinned as his plate was filled with a small yellow fruit cake, my sunshine written in cursive in the center. It looked exactly like the cake he had on his Astrid's last birthday spent with him.

He took a bite and closed his eyes as his face filled with happiness. He took a sip of the frosty cold coffee and his grin grew wider.

"Exactly like that day!" He muttered. He took his plate and his cup in the other hand as he stood up, wanting to continue eating in the woods or maybe in the stables, wherever he'd be peaceful. Suddenly, just as he was about to leave the table, he was called to Olympus. He sat down on the floor and shoved a spoon in his mouth, crossing his hands.

"One day. Just this day I ask to be happy, is that too much?" He said through the cake. He quickly finished up and stood up, wiping his messy lips on his sleeve.

"Can't someone enjoy a best friend's birthday in peace? It's a tradition that every year this one day we swear to be happy, no matter what happens. You just had to spoil that!" Percy said.

"Perseus Jackson, you are accused of killing Sally and Paul Blofis", Zeus yelled. Percy took a step back in horror before falling to his knees.

"No. They couldn't have. Mom, she promised. She promised to stay until I found her. She couldn't have died", Percy said, not accepting the truth. Then he looked up as he registered the whole thing.

"Why would I kill her?! She was my mom, goddamnit! Why are the fates so cruel? Why did they take mom away before I found her... why?" His voice badly cracked as he curled up in a ball, crying.

"You keep mentioning a 'her'. Who is she?" Athena asked.

"It's none of your bloody business!! She'll walk through Tartarus just to find me. And she'll never betray me, like someone who is an unwise Athena spawn did", Percy said.

"Perseus Jackson. I disown you", Poseidon said.

"You too, Da-sorry, Poseidon? I guess Kevin is better than a Hero of Olympus, isn't he? Because everyone seems to think that. Let me get this straight, who actually trusts me?" Percy asked. Hades, Hestia, Ares, Artemis, Apollo, and Aphrodite raised their hands.

"Me too!" Nico Di Angelo said as he walked out of the shadows.

"I sense an amazing love story with you, Percy. Much better and much more escalated than you and Annabeth", Aphrodite said. Percy blushed and looked away.

"That would be my best friend if we ever meet again. When we were ten, we once kissed, right before she had to leave forever, with the promise to meet again. She left before we could escalate things, but I'm still not over her", Percy said.

"Aww... so heartbroken", Aphrodite said.

"We are off topic! Perseus, as punishment, you shall be sent to Tartarus!" Zeus yelled. Everyone gasped. Percy just looked angry, tears welling up.

"Yeah, sure! I don't have a reason to live anyway!" Percy yelled.

"You shall not talk back to us!" Poseidon yelled and opened a hole to Tartarus in the floor. Nico grabbed Percy's hand and almost fell in himself, his other hand hanging on the edge.

"Let me go, Nico!" Percy yelled.

"No! I let Bianca go, Percy! I'm not gonna let go! I'd rather die in Tartarus with my brother rather than let him drop alone!" Nico said.

"I said let go, Nico! Listen to your brother if you love him so much!" Percy yelled up. Nico's eyes were shut tight, and his face was contorted in pain as he bit his lip and weighed his options. He settled on one that satisfied him and sighed before looking down at Percy.

"I'll let go?" Nico said.

"Wait-", Percy started as his eyes widened at what Nico planned to do.

"Here goes nothing!" Nico yelled and let go... of the floor and the duo plunged into the pit.