Meeting each other

Its the second semester of my freshman year and I am still bummed out about my grades from last semester. They weren't bad but they still weren't up to my parents expectations so this year I'm going to really work hard. Especially in my math class which is sadly my lowest grade right now because of my sucky teacher. I have one new class, Art 1, this semester  because I was kicked out of my computer class for talking, laughing, and basically just trying to make the best out of that boring class. I don't really care though I made some amazing friends in that class.
     Anyways I am excited to see my friends and find out what their new year resolutions are that they'll break in a couple days. "New year new me" is the saying right ? I wonder who made that up and if they actually believe that themselves. Like how can you just decide who you are going to be next year ? It's whatever I suppose let people believe in what they want.
     My day was going by pretty normal. I went through my classes the same as before. I hung out with my friends during lunch and Art was actually a pretty good, the teacher seemed nice and I sat in the back with some people I'm acquainted with from my class. After class my "friend", Alex, walked me to my last class, math.
     Alex and I have been talking  to each other for about a month now and I actually don't know how I feel about him yet. I just got over this boy I liked, that chose my friend, Genesis but everyone calls her Gen, over me and I'm still kinda upset about that, but I am still happy for her and I know I need to move on. So when I found out Alex liked me I decided to give him a chance. He is tall like really tall, which I love, he is really sweet and is older than me by a month even though he's a sophomore and I'm a freshman. I have held hands with him twice ? Now which was when we went on a school field trip to Universal Studios together. We sat together and talked the whole bus ride there and back. I sometimes feel bad because I know he likes me a lot, he tells me how he likes it when I geek out about Harry Potter or superheroes or anything he doesn't really know about, and sometimes I feel like I should like him more then I do. . . but I just don't.
     The bell rang indicating that class was going to start I waved bye, thanking Alex for walking me to class. I walked in my class and saw some new faces in the class that weren't here last semester. Hmm they probably switch classes with someone or something. I walked to my desk and sat next to my friend is Sofia. Mr. Gonzalez, my math teacher,  had everyone in class sit down and placed the new students in the empty seats. After he was done with that he started his lesson on radicals or something . No one ever really listened to his lessons and honestly Mr. Gonzalez didn't even care. He'd only teach like half the period and the rest of class he'd sit in the back on his phone. His class was mainly for students to catch up and gossip with each other. After finishing up my worksheet and I went to the teachers desk to turn it in. However, once I got there the teacher was gone instead there was some boy with semi long hair and blonde tips on his phone.
     "Um where's Mr. Gonzalez ?" I asked
      "He's over there," the boy said pointing to the other side of the class. Mr. Gonzalez was sitting at a student desk talking to some of my classmates.
     " Oh uh well do you know where I can turn this in?"
     "I'm not sure," the boy said looking up," but if you want I can take it and I'll make sure he sees it."
      " Really thank you so much," I said smiling giving the boy Sofia and mines worksheets.
     I started to turn around and walk back to my seat when the guy started to talk again. "Do I know you from somewhere?"
     I turned back to face him, "Um I don't think so," I responded, " um you might have seen me on my sisters snapchat or something. My sisters name is Eva, Eva Martinez. My name is Thea by the way."
     " Eva the senior?" He asked
     " Yeah"
     " Ohhh okay yeah I know you, well of you. My name is Oliver," he said putting his hand out smiling.
     " Nice to meet you Oliver," I said shaking his hand. The dismissal bell rang, it was time to go. I said bye to Oliver and lefted. I had to rush over to the school parking lot before my sister got there. My sister is very impatient and hates waiting for me, so I like to get there as fast as I can so she doesn't have to wait for me. I'm scared one day she'll not wait for me and leave without me, which means I'll have to walk home and I hate walking.