| Intro |

People always say the world is unfair, and for a while I thought it wasn't. I thought the world would be sweet and kind and happy, that all came to an end on one fateful day. But first let me explain who I am and how it came to be, when I was 8 I moved with my father after him and my mother split up.

  Luckily there was a young girl next door, we instantly became friends, that girls name is Maeryn Sona. We have spent many many years together, I love her dearly. She is like a sister. Oh I guess I should mention, I'm  Taelyn Alberts, I moved from England when I was young to Japan where Mae lived. It was easy since I live learning new languages I was able to interact easily, even so a lot of people in my school know English too.

  Anyway, Mae and I spend everyday after school together, it was interesting when I first met her because I was very quiet and reserved. Then here comes this bright, happy, bubbly girl to come talk with me. She's pretty hilarious, anyway, a few years past until we were around 12.

  Our lives turned upside down when Mae's parents took us to the mall and let us look around. We had so much fun until a fire started. We didn't know the cause or we weren't allowed to know, I believe the fire was on purpose since a lot of people were going bankrupt from the very expensive rent for a store there. But the fire was strong, people where screaming, crying, some people were passed out and it was horrible. The walls were crumbling and even at a point when mae and I were running part of the roof fell on my leg and it broke it. When struggling a piece of the roof fell on her back damaging it severely.

  Seeing her there on the ground, in pain, sobbing violently and gasping for air. The screams and begs and cries from the background made me want to give up. But seeing her, my one light made me never want to see that glow leave. And this was not the day I would let Mae die.

  She couldn't move at all so, I picked her up and carried her as fast as I could to get out. I stumbled down the stairs and out and exit, we were just lucky to be alive. We got to the hospital half alive, aching, sobbing, and hearing the screams of others who weren't as lucky and couldn't get out.

  When the building collapsed it was soon discovered at least 78 out of the 210 people there had died in the incident. Turns out maes parents where two of them. We slowly started to recover in the hospital over time, my leg was healing and mae was slowly getting stronger, we were just happy to be alive. Mae still had to stay in the hospital for a while longer when I was released about 5 months after the incident.

  I just live my life in school effortless, monotonously, bored and alone. I honestly don't care, because after school I get to see my only best friend. As long as my grades are up and mae's ok I'm happy. Anyway, that's how my life is, and soon Mae can come join me again!
  I can't wait for her brightness to be there all the time again. She is the only reason the world is light for me, in all the darkness she pulls me up, I get drowned in the sea of boring and horrible things, and she is my lifesaver who pulls me to land. I wouldn't want to live without her. She is my flower that will bloom again, even through harsh conditions she blooms brighter than them all.