Our Journey Begins

The first thing I heard this morning was an alarm clock beeping loudly. I hopped out of bed excitedly, today was the day I went on my Pokémon journey! Getting dressed, I put on my outfit, black and yellow shorts and a red t-shirt. I rushed down stairs, hurried and ate my breakfast.

"Good morning Crystal. Are you ready for your big day?" My mother asked, slightly scaring me since I didn't know she was there.

"I'm very excited! I already know what Pokémon I want!" I smiled happily.

"Well you'd better get moving, Gold is waiting outside for you." She smiled back at me.

I nodded and hurried outside to meet him. I ran out and accidentally ran into him.

"Oof! Oh, I'm sorry Gold, I didn't see you there!" I apologized, a bit embarrassed.

"Heh, it's okay Crys. C'mon, let's go get our Pokémon!" He smiled charmingly.

He ran off, and I followed. We reached Prof. Elm's lab, which was only a few houses down. We opened the door and saw that he was waiting for us.

"Welcome! Gold and Crystal, I'm glad have you here right now, I've basically watched you two young ones grow up, now you've reached the age that you can make your journey!" Elm looked at both of us happily,"Now, what Pokémon would you like Gold?"

He showed us to a weird machine that held three Pokéballs.

"Cyndaquil is my choice!" He declared.

Elm chuckled and handed Gold a Pokéball. Gold released the Pokémon from which was inside the ball.

"Cynda!" The little Pokémon cried happily.

"What about you Crys? Who do you want?" Gold looked at me curiously.

"Chikarita!" I exclaimed.

Elm nodded and handed me the Pokéball. I released the Pokémon happily.

"Chika!" It smiled and looked up at me.

I giggled and picked it up happily, "I think I'll nickname you Leaf!"

"C'mon! Let's get going Crys!" Gold shouted and ran out the door.

"W-wait!!" Professor Elm called out but Gold was already gone,"Crys go catch up to him and tell him you two need to go to Mr. Pokemon's house and pick up an egg. Alright?"

"I can do that!" I smiled.

"Thank you Crys." Elm chuckled as I bolted out the door.

This was the beginning of my Pokémon journey!