Chapter 1

You know most people assume that Amsterdam is cold, their right, Unless of course you move to Cleveland in the spring which makes Amsterdam seem like a day at the beach.

It's my first day here in Cleveland, May 7 which also happens to be my birthday. In the past, birthdays have not exactly been what you call "fun". For instance, on my 10th birthday I had 2-day old cake because the bakery ran somehow managed to run out of Cake batter.

My 13th birthday started Okay, With breakfast in bed, a nice shower with warm water,(which we never got!) and a new dress. Of course ill be damned if I ever have a perfect birthday. So at the wasteland known as school a preschooler threw a grape juice box at me..... Effectively tuining my new dress.

16 by far was the worst..... I woke up had breakfast and went to school and i could not wait for my party later that night. I got my gift from my parents a week before, a car! I was so excited, it wasnt in the best condition but it ran well and wasnt loud, which was fine by me. Of course like before my luck never lasts. This time though was one I would never forget...

I got home at precicely 15:45 like always but when i walked in my mom was tied to a chair and my dad nowhere to be found. I ran to her and untied her as fast as i could, she kept saying "They took him, They took him!" Took who?" i asked. But then i realized how obvious it was. My dad was kidnapped by a local gang that had been in the town, like my family for decades.

When my grandfather was little he was taken by the gang who locked him up for weeks because he threatened one of them. His dad my Great-Grandfather, searched for weeks and finally found him he set him free. Only then did he realize it was to easy and a trap. He only 42 years old was shot to death by over 11 men. My grandfather somehow escaped...

Later on he swore to find the men who killed his dad and have them arrested. Sadly he never did. Although my dad also took on this challenge to stop them and was killed. They never found his body, but out of the 11 men he brought 7 with him, 3 died of natural causes later only one of them, the boss, survived he is still out their now.

My mom had me swear to never go looking for him that is why we moved to Cleveland and why i now permanetly despise birthdays. Although, today,I turn 17...