And After All, Your My Wonderwall.

Hi guys. I Hope you enjoy my story. I just wanted to point out that Just because Anne-Marie is played by Anna Chulmsky & Luke is played by Macaulay Culkin from my girl, this is not about My girl the movie or anything, the only concepts they share is the main characters and them being best friends. By the way, the story is set in the past however ends in the present. Thank You xx

PREFACE:

Hi. My name is Anne-Marie Mitchell. Im 11 years old and i have blonde hair and dark blue eyes. My best friend is Luke Hawkins. Let me tell you about my life. I moved to Manhattan, New York when i was about 5 years old. As exciting as it was moving to the city where dreams are made of, i still found it pretty scary. It was such a big change for me. I mean i was 5 years old and i was moved from my quiet neighbourhood where i could freely ride my bike down the street, taken away from all my friends and taken out of my school which only had a few hundred kids and placed into one of the biggest cities in the world. After a while, i started to realize that moving away wasnt so bad at all and in fact it might be a good thing. At my old house, it was just me and my dad in the dull little house we lived in where every single minute of the day i was bombarded with memories of my mother, my dear mother. My mom passed away from cancer when i was about 3, it was one of the hardest things ive had to go through in my life. I didnt really understand, yet i did. At the time i didnt really know what was going on, i didnt really understand but i sort of did if you get what i mean. All i remember is my dad telling me that mommy was gone, and she wasnt coming back because she was very sick, and she was going to a better place where she wouldnt have to suffer and where she would be happy and would be watching over me.

Theres not a day that goes past where i dont think about my mom or miss her, but i have brought myself to the stage where i have faced the fact that shes gone. So with all these worries and problems that were floating in the head of my 5 year old self, there was one person that helped me through it. One person who made me laugh like there was no tomorrow, and do the most stupid things i have ever heard of and i love him to bits. His name is Luke Hawkins. And yes, im talking about the boy who was the highest paid child actor in the world, child superstar or whatever you want to call him. But to me, he isnt THE Luke Hawkins. Hes just Luke, the blonde kid who i used to make mud pies with, the one who makes me laugh so much it hurts and the boy who i trust with my life. Ive had a teeny weeny crush on him since i was about 8. But I've never made the effort to make it obvious.

Anyway, i met Luke about a week after i moved to Manhattan. It was my first day of school, and to be honest i had no idea where i was going or what i was doing so luckily enoguh dad told me that one of the kids who lives a few houses down, was around my age happened to go to the same school, and he was going to walk me there since i would probably get lost and that was the day i met Luke. I remember it like it was just yesterday. Despite him being a year older than me (he was 6 years old, i was 5), he was around my height maybe shorter, he had blonde hair just like me, which had a few pieces that lightly brushed over his forehead. He had plump red lips and big, blue eyes behind his glasses. "Hello, Im Luke" He smiled, waving at me. I remember just smiling and nodding nervously and following him to school. But once we got talking (well at first he did most of the talking) turns out he was a whole lot of fun to hang out with and soon enough, we became the best of friends. Anyway, I think I've said enough about my life and Luke. Let's snap back to reality.