Tranz Gamz

AUTHORS NOTE

Here's a (kinda long) one-shot about Homestuck and you can teAR ME DOWN WITH THIS SHIP. OKAY. ALSO. My premise for this was just that I was really bored one day and sort of emotional and I realized that tranz and Gamz rhymed so... there you have it. Also, yes this is my story from my other account at fanfiction.net. Alright. I'll shut up now. Enjoy!

**********************************************************************************************

So he never really thought of him of being different.

Or weird.

Okay, maybe a little weird.

But the way that he was staring at himself in the mirror seemed a bit alarming to him.

"...Gamzee?"

"Fuck," was his immediate reaction when he realized that Karkat was there, making the shorter one laugh, then cursing himself for finding humor in someone. "What is it?" Gamzee asked, turning back to the mirror.

He shrugged. "I don't know. Just making sure you're okay?"

"Oh. Oh yeah I am," he paused, somewhat differently than he usually would. "Thanks."

Karkat bit on his lip, giving a sort of sad thumbs-up. He had been like this a lot lately, and Karkat didn't know whether to be angry or feel bad. Maybe both. Whatever he was feeling though, it definitely wasn't positive emotion. He backed away slowly before returning to their bedroom and sitting on the bed.

A sudden thought jolted his mind. Maybe it was his fault. Maybe all of this hatred and shit was rubbing off on Gamzee. Maybe he thought it was personal. Desperately trying to get that thought out of his head, he called out, "Gamz?"

Another weird pause.

"Yeah?"

"Is it something I did?"

An immediate reaction: Laughter.

Karkat froze. His laugh always did that to him. That was the first reason he first realized he felt something different to the crazy-ass clown troll than he did towards anyone else. It had always sent chills down his spine.

"No, Karkat. You didn't do anything." Gamzee appeared in the doorway, hand through his already-tangled hair. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. You seem different."

"Oh. Well, sorry motherfucker, but I'm not changing."

Karkat was the one to laugh this time. Nothing he had said was funny, it was mostly just to lighten the mood. He knew that Gamzee was lying, his crooked smile was crooked in the wrong way. He had looked at him enough to know the layout of each of his expressions.

Karkat sat there for a moment, waiting for him to say something. When he just stood there like the his normal idiot self, Karkat blurted out the first thing he thought of.

"I love you."

Another pause. Fuck these pauses.

"I love you too. So much." Almost on instinct, or to clear the space between them, or to prove his point, Gamzee leaned in the littlest bit, leaving Karkat to close the gap.

No matter what he thought, this clown's lips would always be nice to him. He smiled before bringing his arms up to wrap around Gamzee's shoulders. It made him feel more secure, more at-home. Like if there was anything grounding him, it was this idiot right here and his kiss. No matter how many times they did this, it would always feel new to Karkat. Each movement the other made would make his heart skip a beat. He loved the thrill of adrenaline that would go through him.