[17] KEVIN

b e s t i e

you walk into riverdale high school, instantly being engulfed in a massive hug by your best friend, kevin keller.

"y/n/n!" he cheers as he nuzzles into the crook of your neck, "i've missed you."

"kev, i went to pops with you on saturday." you state and raise an eyebrow at him, you let go of his embrace and he steps back.

"i know, but how can somebody not miss you. you're amazing." he speaks as he smiles down at you and grabs your hand.

you blush at his comment, "shut up."

"okay, come on everyone's waiting." he drags you along to the sofa room where all of your friends usually are. (idk what that room is called sorry)

"hey guys." you say as you both step into the room, everyone turns to look at you with a big smile on their faces.

"oh y/n, i haven't seen you since the start of summer break!" veronica shouts and runs over to you, squeezing you tight in her arms.

"yeah roni, how was your visit to new york?" you ask her, walking round to sit next to betty and jughead on one of the sofas, they both smile at you.

there were still 15 minutes before your first class so, you, betty, veronica, jughead and archie kept on chatting about your summer break.

kevin kept fairly quiet in a corner of a sofa, just browsing social media on his phone with a sort of sad expression, it made you concerned.

just as the bell rang signalling first period had started you quickly got up as you saw him walk towards the door, "kevin." you wave your arms as he looks back at you, a sad smile appearing on his face.

"hey y/n." he walks out the door and you try to keep up with him as he speed walks down the corridor.

"kevin what's wrong?" you ask, placing a hand on his shoulder firmly so he stops walking, and he does.

"look," he turns around, "i feel like i get excluded around the guys and they just sort of.. leave me out. nobody spoke to me there i just feel hurt that nobody want to talk to me."

"aw," you wrap your arms around his neck and bring him in for a hug, "don't worry, you're my best friend. i'll include you in more conversations from now, i thought you didn't want to talk as much but it's okay i'll help you."

"thanks y/n," he grins, "you're my best friend too."