Untitled Part 1

A hot pursuit is just what the Devil needed...not. One minute, they were grabbing their drinks at their local Starbucks and the next, they've joined the fray after a car, in an obvious attempt to escape the other cops who are trailing it, grazed Chloe's cruiser.

Lucifer did not understand why the Detective joined the chase when she's in the Homicide Division. She said so herself that one time, 'I do not go around checking criminals,' or something, and yet here they are.

"Much as I love this tailgating, would you mind telling me why we're in pursuit? This doesn't look like the case we were onto this morning, Detective," He manages to blurt out as he holds on the handle tightly when she swerved on the opposite lane, narrowly missing a head-on collision.

"Also, your driving is horrendous. We should switch places,"

A brief cursory look and she frowns at him, "Shut up, Lucifer. I'm trying to focus here,"

"But you didn't answer my question! Why are we chasing this dullard?"

"I recognize him from a previously unsolved case,"

"Ah," He replies as he sees her glare at him for a full two seconds. "Harley Davidson!" The devil continues and she doesn't get it at first until she's almost an inch away from the bike. They sway yet again as she quickly maneuvers to avoid contact. "See? Wretched driving,"

He comments but she's just relieved nobody got hurt. Not taking chances again, she removes one hand from the steering wheel real quick to give him a smack on his arms.

"What?" He exaggerates that Chloe had to roll her eyes, "Well, don't get us killed," He adds and the blonde had to reply.

"Stop whining and keep your eye on the target,"

Lucifer sighs and suggests "Why don't we just pull over and let these other cops handle him? Or better yet, let Maze hunt him down? I mean she's the best bounty hunter there is. Plus, it will save us from certain doom. Did I mention your driving is wretched?"

"God, you're annoying,"

"That He is."

"What?" For the second time, he annoyed her too much that she took her eyes off the road.

Something hits them from the back and propelled their vehicle into the rear of a semi-truck. The airbags deploy but the impact of the collision itself knocked them out cold.

xxxx

He feels sore all over and lightheaded. It takes him a second to remember what had occurred and to realize he's strapped to a chair with the Detective right across him, breathing, bleeding from the side of her head and still unconscious.

Lucifer surveys the environment and sees various pieces of machinery; the place looked like a rundown soda plant or something. He gives himself another moment to breathe and gather his thoughts. Normally, he'd wait for whoever it is but his goal is to get Chloe out. Punishment will have to come later.

"Are you ok, Detective?" He asks when he sees her stir, finally coming to, after what seemed like hours.

"Where the heck are we?" She asks him groggily, mild panic stretching across her features when she found out she's unable to move freely.

"I have no idea. Worry not, Daniel or the others must be searching for us,"

A man in a ski mask enters the room.