Chapter 1

JXL's POV

I wake up in a green, cold room. A calm, soothing voice speaks to me "it looks like one of its arms didn't develop correctly, how are you hybrid experiment JXL?" "Hybrid.. Experiment?" I say to myself. I notice the green gem in my chest, I instinctively try to pry it out but it wouldn't budge. I try to find a way out of my cramped cell. A door opens and I'm met with a tall, green woman with wild green hair and a gem on her cheek, a Emerald. She hands me a uniform along with a pair of boots and arm enhancements. "Here is your uniform and limb enhancements, you will meet me at the loading dock in 10 minutes where will disembark to earth" she explained, I quickly get into my uniform. It was weird wearing my enhancements for the first time, I stumbled around a bit and saw the other hybrids, some of them with extra hands and legs and some had a second head. They all let out ether a scream or a moan, they seemed to be in a tremendous amount of pain. I shuttered and hurried to the loading docks. "JXL what took you do long?" Emerald asked me "I said meet me her in ten minutes" "I...um...uh" I stammer uselessly, why was I so scared of her? She showed no physical threat to me. "Your job is to collect humans for more experiments like yourself, understood?" I nod my head. "Good, get on the ship." I felt nervous, this was my first mission, the one I was made for. What will happen to me if I screw up? I start to search the ship out of sheer boredom. "H-help me" I hear a voice say to me, I turn to see a little girl with blue eyes and black hair looking at me, "Wait, your one of them, aren't you?" She said scared. "You took my mom and now me." She started to cry, "JXL we're landing in two minutes get your butt out here!" Emerald yells from the front of the ship. "You weren't talking to those organics were you?" She said. "N-no why?" "they love to try and make you feel sympathy for them, crying, screaming, almost anything to get away from in my opinion a better life" she said. That alone sent a cold chill down my spine, if going through whatever experiments and becoming a monster was a "better life" then what was it like on earth? "JXL get your gem destabilizer, there is a group of gems on this planet that will fight to protect these useless beings. If we see them I want you to poof 'em and keep they're gems" Emerald said. "We'll need them for later." I grabbed my weapon and prepared for landing. Whatever horrors there are on that diamond-forsaken planted will have to answer to me.