I Loved You Yesterday

«I love you, Emma. I’ve always loved you,» he said with an insecure smile on his face. I wanted to say something so badly, but couldn’t. His smile faded. My lips didn’t move half an inch even though my heart was screaming.

“I love you too, Dennis!” I tried to say. It was painfully silent.

Then I woke up. God, I was glad it was a dream. On the other hand, he’d told me he loved me. I closed my eyes again, trying to continue the dream. Yeah, I was that desperate. I was in love with my best friend, but he didn’t feel the same way. Except from in my dreams. I did fall asleep after only a couple of minutes, but this time I dreamt about something as stupid as an upcoming test. I’d got an A, like usual.

“Emma, get up!” someone yelled. Dennis, obviously.  I pushed the home button on my iPhone to see what time it was.¨

”It’s only 5.30. I hate it when you come over without telling me first!” I lied and covered my head with the pillow. Dennis threw it across the room.

“I sent you a text last night, silly.” He grinned.

“Oh, yeah. You did.” I sat up, suddenly in a good mood.

“I’m so excited to see your car!” I admitted and got dressed faster than ever before. We were going to drive around and get breakfast somewhere since I’d insisted on being on the first ride. Dennis opened the door for me like a real gentleman.

“So, what do you wanna eat for breakfast? Cheeseburger?” he suggested as he got in the car and closed the door.

“What are you? A mind reader?” We both laughed.

“Everyone who’ve known you for more than two minutes know you’re addicted to them,” he joked, but it was true. I had an addiction to cheeseburgers while he loved chicken nuggets. McDonald’s must’ve loved us. Dennis and I were like meant to be, right? At least I thought so.

Suddenly Call Me Maybe was playing loudly in the car, snapping me out of my thoughts. Dennis was singing in a high pitched voice. It was horrible, but I couldn’t help but laugh.

“I’m sorry to tell you this, but you’re not a good singer,” I said teasing him. He took a hand to his heart, trying to act offended. I smirked.

“Nah, you’re just jealous I have good looks and a great voice,” he said when the next song started. Yes, he had good looks, but I couldn’t admit that.

“Dream on.” Dennis shook his head and started singing again. 

...

I'd love to hear your oppinion even if it's something I need to improve! :)