With A Cherry On Top

Gideon's P.O.V.
I grunted in frustration, my cousin, Pacifica Southeast, was putting stickers on my face. I've sat through this torture for half an hour. Today, Pacifica was wearing a pink turtle neck sweater with a llama stitched on it. Her skirt was magenta and she had black shoes on.
"Pacifica, can I please go?" She shook her head and added another smelly sticker.
"Im only here for the summer and I want to spend as much time as possible with you!" Pacifica smiled, showing off her braces. I pouted, knowing there was no escape from Pacifica.
With my luck, I would be here all day, unable to read the journal. Journal 3 was my favorite book, and guess what; it wasn't even my journal! It was written by a mysterious author. Pacifica and I...well mainly me, has been looking for the author ever since I found the Journal. Man I can't wait till I meet the author! I have a couple billion questions to ask him, like, Why did you write the journal? How many journals are there? Why Gravity Falls? What-Snap Snap. I escaped my fantasy world to find my father, Bud Pines, snapping his fingers in my face.
I winced. I was afraid he was going to hit me or something, but of course with Pacifica in the room, Father did nothing.
"Dinners ready, chumps." Pacifica jumped up, threw her sticker sheets on her bed and ran downstairs. My father turned to me. I prepared for the worst.
"Clean your self up before you come down. You have drool one your face." Father hit the back of my head, causing my hat to slip over my eyes. I didn't dare move until I heard Father's foot steps on the stairs.
Finally, I lifted my hat and wiped the drool from my face. Racing down stairs only to come face to face with Robbie Courteroy. Robbie was a friend. He worked at the Mystery Shack with Father and Mother. Today he wore a white shirt with a green plaid vest. His blue jeans hung loosely around his legs. His lumberjack boots were stuffed
"Oh hey, Gideon, I was think...you know, about the drawing. Like the same drawing you showed me yesterday. And I was thinking if we could, like, you know." Robbie paused. I drummed my fingered against my leg. Robbie could talk forever. "So like I was saying, I was thinking that we could maybe work together, you know?"
I smiled and nodded. Robbie's phone rang. He looked down at it and grinned. "Sorry I got to take this. It's Wendy." Wendy Valentino was Robbie's girlfriend and town goth. I didn't really like her.
        I waited for Robbie to pick up his phone before dashing into the kitchen. Mother and father were eating while listening to Pacifica ramble on about How scratch and sniff stickers were going to be required in ever household.
       I sat next to Pacifica and ate my green mush quietly.
       "So like I said, when I become president I'll make it illegal to NOT have scratch and sniff stickers everywhere!" Father held on to his fork so tight I thought it would spit in two.
      "Pacifica, dear, why don't you and Gideon go for a walk." Pacifica gleamed and hauled me out the door.
                           ———
       I sat under a tree, as Pacifica skipped around with a frog. I looked down at journal 3. The journal was a little large. It had red leather covers with gold corners. The pages were old and fragile and smelled like fire ash. On the cover was a gold silhouette of a 6 fingered hand with a black 3 drawn on it.
      I've probably memorized the entire book. The author never draws him self or writes his name. The only names were all the monsters names and this guy named "F". I've been looking into F for a long time. I haven't gotten anywhere.
      I opened the journal to a blank page. Out of curiosity a shine a black light over it. I jump up in glee.
      "Pacifica! Pacifica! Look!" The blonde comes skipping over and peers over my shoulder.
      "Ooooooo fancy...what's it say?" I looked down at the writing. I guess I was so excited to find something I didn't realize it was in a foreign language.
       "I-l don't know." I felt stupid. Pacifica shrugged.
        "Try sayin' it." Pacifica picked up a stick and poked a big infested tree. I knew how dangerous it was to say a chant out loud. But I It was starting to drive me crazy, not know what it said, or did, or meant. I did another stupid thing and did my best to pronounce the words out loud.
        When I was finished the wind started to howl. Oh no! What did I do. I clutched to Pacifica's sweater. Pacifica has dropped her stick and was staring at a gold light in front of us.
      "Gid, What is that?" What looked like a portal appeared and a strange illuminate personage walked out. Oh look at all those big words! Focus Gideon!
         The fog cleared and for the first time we clearly saw what came out of that portal.