Chapter 1: Reincarnated

"Aaahhh!!!" It's an awkward feeling, waking up with a start, not knowing where you are. Your mind befuddles even the most simplest of task, like who you are. It clouds information without cause, as you break into a startling panic of confusion.

Panic rests within the eyes of the girl whom just awoke with that very feeling. The sense of dread sets into her bones, with no reason or explanation of the cause.

The girl grasps at the fine linen bed sheets, before baulking at them in confusion. Her eyes run rampant around the room, it decorated in all kinds of ceramics, statues and other elegant paper weights. Deeply rich curtains line the wall onto one side, probably a large window that overlooks wherever the girl is.

The entire room just screams "rich".

The other girl that lays on the bed beside her also wakes up in the same manner, before whipping her head wildly around, "Where are we?? What happened? The bus and- and school-??" The other girl gasps suddenly, grasping her head in pain. Suddenly she whips around again, "Jen?? Jennifer are you okay?!" The first girl turns, and the two stare each other down. Fear, confusion and questions dance in their intense, silent gazes.

"Who are you?!" The other girl demands, her brows coming down in her confusion.

"You look... familiar...?" The first girl blinks, narrowing her eyes slightly. Memories not of her own prodded the back of her mind.

That moment is immediately interrupted as a dozen people rush into the room, "Miladies! We heard you!"

"Is everything all right? Has your fevers resided?"

In even more confusion, the two girls are swarmed by a plethora of well dressed maids and butler like people. They flitter around the two of them, applying cold cloths and the like. They dance around the children like butterflies, hesitantly applying any sort of pressure, apologizing for intruding "miladies personal space".

After that, the two are then ushered around, taken for baths, and dressed in proper attire for young noble children. The servants then present the two children in front of very imposing, dark haired woman. She sits regally against a dainty chair, sipping a tea cup with grace. Her eyes a lit on the two of them, before a becoming smile stretches on her lips.

"My darlings!" She cries out, her tone oozing with honey, "It's wonderful to see you two up again!" She bends down, her mouth just barely grazing each of the girls cheeks, "My darling Chloe mwah, and my beautiful girl Arisa! Mwah mwah" She rises with the same grace, sitting back in her seat, her posture straight, "I'm so glad your fevers have subsided, and you have woken up. We were dreadfully worried you two would never awake and that the fever would claim you both. Weren't we all?" Her hardened eyes swoop over the varied people in the room, and they all rush to agree with the Lady's sentiment.

"Yes, Lady Duprees." "Of course, Lady Duprees!" "Everyone was dreadfully worried Lady Duprees."

Her smile returns full force towards the two young girls, but her eyes flicker with a subtle distaste, "You both still look so pallid and pale. Your complexions are just dreadful. Get some more rest, and return your faces to their nature colour. Duprees should always look beautiful." She waves at the two girls dismissively, and two maids come forth to usher to two out of the tea room and back to the bedroom.

"Lady Arisa, and Lady Chloe, please rest well, as Lady Duprees instructs." The maids say, before bowing out the door.

The two girls look at each other, bewildered.

"What in the world is going on?!" Chloe bursts out, "I'm- I'm not Chloe! I'm- I'm Sarah, aren't I? This is- what is- Why am I suddenly like 5 years old! I was 16!"