Prologue

The streets of Davenport seem to be eerily quiet at night and perhaps, even creepy. A drunk woman was walking downtown obviously unaware of the city's reputation. She swayed and hummed while clutching a purse in her hand. A man followed close behind her, holding something behind his back.

"Best... party... ever," she mumbled, still swaying at the ever dark streets. The man fastened his pace and eventually jumped in front of the woman. She blinked, unable to react properly in her current state.

"Hello there, miss." The man handed out the rose. "You look as lovely as this red rose."

The woman grabbed the rose from the man's hand, smelling it.

"Uh... thank you," she said, fumbling for the right words. She tried to get past the man but he blocked her way.

"If you... will... excuse me," she said, tensing up. The man held an unknown object, grinning devilishly in the dark of the night.

"Ah, you will be as lovely as a rose. If you will just let me."

That's when another set of bloodcurling screams descend in the night.

_________________________________________

Author's Note:

Omg guys, it's been a while. I know, I kind of slacked of this summer (lol) but this book will surely make up for my absence. The new version of AtSH will be released soon. Though I won't be promising it will be finished until the end of this year. If you liked this story, make sure to click that star over there. First chapter would be up tomorrow. Mwah, love you guys!