Awkward

Awkward.

You stare at your feet instead of meeting the eyes of the unwelcomed guest.

You try to smile and pretend like you're not holding yourself back from fleeing to your bedroom, the safe zone that you enjoy hibernating in for hours on end.

Contact ranging from handshakes to hugs you always fail at.

The word 'antisocial' expresses your entire life.

If asked to talk to another, you freeze up and begin to have panic attacks.

When given the opportunity to speak, your voice cracks and shakes with embarrassment.

Fangirling over the weirdest things.

Falling down in the worst way in front of everybody.

Laughing at all the wrong moments.

Telling the worst jokes that make even the crickets go silent.

All these memories that stay permanently glued in your mind and refuse to disappear from existence.

Most are exaggerated, and weren't that nearly as bad as you made them out to be.

But you think that you're such a screw-up

That you have to beat yourself to a pulp over the tiniest things

If you add them up, the shakes and shiver you get when your scared, the trips and falls, the refusal to meet others eyes, it's just you deifying society.

Who says you have to be like everybody else?

Why not live for you?

It's because you're different that I fell in love with you.

I don't want someone who is always calm and collected.

I don't want someone who never fails.

I made a choice to pick up your chin, follow you to your safe zone, hug you back topping your awkward embrace, lift you out of your antisocial hole, speak to you in a way that's comfortable, fangirl along beside you, offer my hand, join you in laughter, and clap at your jokes when no one else will.

Because I love the awkwardness in you.