Prada

I ran to my room as my mother yelled at me. I didn't care that she was screaming at me, I just ran to my room and shut the door. I was tired of living in this world. My dog, a baby husky, a pup, came up to me after I saw it sleeping on my bed. The husky's coat was black and white, and her eyes were a very light blue- almost silver- and she had a lot of fur since it was winter outside.

"Jack, come back downstairs! I am speaking to you!!" my mother's voice boomed out.

More like yelling I thought to myself. Well, I guess you now know that my name is Jack. Jack Adams. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that the husky's name is Mikayla. She's beautiful and she likes to eat butter cookies. I plopped down on my bed and looked at the black helmet. There was wires sticking out. Should I? I thought to myself as I bit my lower lip.

The helmet reflected my face. I swallowed hard and Mikayla sniffed my sock. I walked up to the helmet and gloves with the wires. The helmet was a midnight black color with the word 'Makeshift' pinned on it. Makeshift. That company that made super high technology and are basically millionaires and were monopolies. The Makeshift company released their newest invention....it was the helmet I was looking at. Once you plug all those wires on your body, you close your eyes and head off to a brand new world. I didn't know much of it and that is the reason why I'm nervous to try it on. My brain was telling me yes so I just grabbed the helmet and the gloves with the wires and sat on the bed. The box in which the product came in didn't come with a 'How To Put The Makeshift Gear On' but it only came with 'Where To Put The Wires'. I put the helmet on my head and the gloves. The helmet smelled like newly made plastic and I started to place the wires on my body as Mikayla laid on the bed next to me. There was a button on the helmet and I pressed it, laying my head back and closing my eyes.

Suddenly, there was a light. It was kinda bright but my brain started to hurt. I gasped as I felt like someone was pulling my hair and the helmet was making a loud noise. It wasn't that loud but I felt Mikayla running away from my room. The pain on my head increased and I passed out completely.

█║▌│║│║█║█║▌│█║▌│║│║█

I woke up and breathed heavily. I sat down properly and looked around...it was....very different....like the city was insipid.. I noticed that everything was futuristic. There was flying silver cars and the streets were made out well.....concrete. The streetlights were taller and the lighting was brighter. I looked down and noticed I was laying on green, natural grass. Looks like humans wanted to keep some nature things in here I thought to myself as I stood up. I looked behind me and realized that a lot of different 'players' were appearing. They all had their own clothes and they all seemed pretty happy despite being confused.

I followed the group of people that just arrived in the world. We walked through a brick tunnel and when I got to see the light, my jaw dropped. Everything looked enormous and silver. A flying car went just by me and other group members and some girls shrieked. We arrived at this small space with a throne in the middle. Then, a man- more like an old man- appeared on a transparent screen in front of the throne.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome all to the city of Prada. My name is Zylof. Here, even though it seems peaceful and cool, the city is in danger. Our robots that do good deeds for the human race have been manipulated and are now harming the humans. We need you to destroy these robots before they take over the city." The old man spoke in a sweet, smooth voice. People around me were a potpourri of nodding heads and looking all tough.

"BUT! I shall remind you...that if you die in here....you die in real life."

This shook everyone including me. Makeshift didn't say anything about this! If I die....I would die in real life too! My parents would kill me in heaven! I started panicking with the other people around me.