KISS

Marcus POV

Today was the day. I was gonna ask my long time crush out, I've been preparing myself all morning. I've brushed my teeth for 5 minutes straight, combed my waves, and put on my best outfit. I was confident that I'll get my first girlfriend, but I was still worried about the outcomes. In case your wondering who's my super secret crush it's Aaliyah Bremy. The cutest girl at our school and also my bestfriends sister, I've had a crush on her since 1st grade in elementary. If this works out my friends can no longer make fun of the fact that I've never had a girlfriend.

JILLMAN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL

Lunch 12:12
It was 12 minutes into the lunch period and Marcus still hasn't found the courage to talk to Aaliyah."Ayo Marc why you being such a punk, you got cold feet or something ?"Chris, Marcus best friend was always cracking jokes, but today Marcus just wasnt feeling it especially when it came to close to the truth. "Mannn I ain't got cold feet I'm just waiting for the perfect time to tell her". Even though Marcus wouldn't admit it he definitely had cold feet, why wouldn't he, after all....he would be telling his 6 year crush if she would go out with him, and that right there is everything to be worried about. Unfortunately he didn't ask her at Lunch which was the perfect time to do so. However Marcus didn't have to find the courage when she walked up to him in Gym ,..............Marcus had kissed Aaliyah right on the lips. And in that 20 seconds Marcus felt as if he was in heaven. First kiss,First love,First one.

MARCUS POV

DUDE I FREAKING KISSED AALIYAH BREMY. Well technically she kissed me unexpectedly but either way,...WE KISSED.
Bro her lips were so freaking soft, at first I thought her lips just looked like soft marshmallows, BUT THEN THEY ACTUALLY FELT LIKE SOFT MARSHMALLOWS.

At this point Marcus was walking around the school with the biggest smile on his face which showed his pearly white teeth. " Marcus why the hell you over there smiling like barney ". Chris joked watching his friend smile like a creep. "Bruhh... I kissed Aaliyah..."
"Well, well then I guess Mr.Punk ain't such a punk after all. Huh " "Whateva mann I might have kissed her but I didn't exactly...you know........tell her"Marcus said nervously playing with his ID."Well when are you gonna tell her cause if you don't I will".Chris was always trying to get Marcus to speak his mind but it wasn't so easy as it sounded, Marcus and Demetrius have been enemies since 2nd Grade when Demetrius girlfriend broke up with Demetrius just to date Marcus, that back fired when Marcus refused. Even though she got denied, she didn't take Demetrius back , which makes Marcus's situation harder to go through since ......................Demetrius is Aaliyahs brother.

Aaliyah Bremys POV

Hey y'all Im Aaliyah and today was probably the craziest day that could happen to me,....I kissed Marcus. But that's the problem right there my older brother Demetrius despises Marcus for whatever reason. Anyways...... I kissed Marcus. I'm actually glad I did because I'm tired of my older brother controlling every possible move I make. And Demetrius has been controlling my life for sometime now ever since I was diagnosed with Stage 1 Cancer, it's honestly not that bad. But he thinks it's his duty to protect me, and be my "Dad", since we basically don't have a father even though we know his name we don't have no relationship whatsoever with that man. But today I wanted to do me without a second opinion to stop...... so I kissed Marcus, ............and I'll do it again.

FLASHBACK TO 12:21 PM (LUNCH)

"Hey sis." As Aaliyah sat down her brother decided to walk right over just to desturb her peace. "What do you want DeDe.","I just wanted to know how you feeling, looks like you eating good." Aaliyah knew what was coming next the big ole' dad lexture about protecting my body and trying not do anything to dangerous.

"You know what,...I honestly don't wanna hear it...it's my life you can't keep controlling me cause I'm not your damn daughter." Even though I was currently causing a scene in the lunch room, I couldn't control my feelings. It was like the real me was finally standing up for herself, even though I wasn't doing much. " I'm just trying to protect you, I'm tired of you disobeying me and mom when we just tryna take care of you." And with that I dropped the conversation, no one in The Who school knows that I have Stage 1 Cancer..........and Is like I keep it that way.

FLASHBACK OVER

Even though Aaliyah just kissed Marcus, she wasn't really affected by it. Because she thought of it as just a kiss. And plus since her brother saw it, which allowed her to prove a statement to her brother that she was her own self.....and no one could control that.......she felt more of a victory than a heartfelt connection .

For the rest of the day everything felt the same. Everyone was just quiet, bored, and annoyed by the sound of teachers constantly reminding them of the school expectations, as if they didn't go to this school last year.

The main difference was the way Marcus seemed to continuously look at Aaliyah to see if she had even thought about the kiss but she never onced looked back at Marcus,  not even for a second.

Aaliyah's POV

During ELA, I could feel someone burning a whole into my back, even though I was curious to find out who the hell could have the same eyes as Satan, I still watch plenty of scary movies which clearly always prove the point of "Never turn around, if you fear there's a demon behind you". But for some reason my dumb ass turned around, even though I've watched almost every damn scary movie and know that this action would've killed me in 2.5 seconds too my surprise......Marcus was staring at me. It felt like he was trying to dig into the depth of soul and find all the secrets that would reveal themselves once he found the key to heart. So of course......I wave, as if I haven't already made the first mistake you should never ever make in a scary movie. He seemed to be stuck as if he didn't know exactly what to do... then he waved, catching me by surprise.

Marcus POV

AALIYAH JUST WAVED AT ME. Should I wave back? Are we a "thing" now? If I'm in a relationship, do I have no authority over anything I do anymore? Do I have to buy her something, cause there's no way I can do that with the cotton in my pockets?

Marcus waved back to Aaliyah in return. " Hey, can I ask you a question that'll possibly be the most scary shit I've did in my entire 13 years of life on this planet?"."....sure". There was a silence for a while until courage found Marcus's lips and expressed it's self. "Aaliyah would you,....maybe consider going out with me?"

Silence filled up in the air between them.

"Ummmm.....".

To be continued....