Chapter one

Violet's POV

    Moving from New York City to Las Vegas isn't easy. All my life people have told me that I'll never make it as a singer. This is my chance to prove them all wrong. I take in one final look of the beautiful skyline that's kept me company on the loneliest and darkest of nights. 

     "$8.50" the taxi driver says once we pull up to the airport. I hand him the money and get out. He hands me my luggage and leaves me standing in front of the airport. I take a deep breath in. There's nothing left for me in this city... it's time to move to bigger and better things. I walk at a steady pace towards my future with high hopes.

Brendon's POV

      "So what you're saying is I need to find someone with the slightest bit of talent to preform here?" I say rubbing my forehead. "Before opening..." The investor Henry adds. "And I can't do it?" I say clicking my pen. "I'm sure a few shows, but you can't do it all the time." He says crossing his legs.

       "It is a club after all you have to have music all the time, and you wanted live music." He said writing something down on his note pad before putting it back in his briefcase. "I'll check back in a few weeks. I expect you to have someone full time before opening night." He said standing up and shaking my hand. "Always a pleasure Mr. Urie." He said putting his hat on before leaving.

       Once the door to my office closed I hit my head on my desk. God who knew opening a club would be so hard?! I should just stick to music and give up on the whole club thing. After a few minutes of mentally yelling at myself I stood up and headed out of my office; I'm not gonna find talent sitting around all day.

Violet's POV

     "You must be Violet Bass!" A man said once I walked into his office. "Uh yeah I'm here about the apartment; I believe we spoke on the phone about it." I said looking around the office. "Yes of course I'm Henry Thompson I own the building the apartment is in." He said shaking my hand.

      "Please sit down." He said gesturing to some chairs in front of his desk. I set my bags down and sat down across from him. "Since we've spoken there have been a few changes to the building. The apartment is now located above a new club I'm investing in. Well it's a good thing sleep is for the weak.

    "I'd really like to see the space before I make any decisions." I said even though I know I'll move in. "Shall we then?" He said standing up. I stood up and grabbed my bags. I followed him through his office to a car. The driver took my bags from me and put them in the trunk.

     As we drove in silence I took in the new view of my city. We drove past countless casinos and clubs. After about ten minutes we pulled up to a building. On the ground floor there was a neon sign that read 'High Hopes'. "That's the club. It hasn't opened yet, but when it does it's going to be a hit." Mr. Thompson said almost as if reading my mind. I nodded my head and continue to look at the building.

      "Shall we take a look inside?" He said opening his door. I followed his lead and did the same. A man walks out of the club entrance wearing a white button down buttoned halfway up tucked into black slacks. His dark hair is styled in a pompadour.

     "Mr. Urie! How's the search going?" Mr. Thompson asks him while shaking his hand. "Great I've got a full band expect a singer." The man says with a smug smile. "Urie this is Violet Bass she just moved here from the big apple, and is interested in the apartment above the club." Mr. Thompson says gesturing towards me.

     "Hey there doll, I'm Brendon Urie." He says looking me up and down. "Charmed." I say ignoring his wandering eyes. "I'd love to stay and chat, but I have some place to be. Perhaps I'll see you again." Brendon said kissing my hand. "Henry." He said shaking Mr. Thompson's hand before leaving.

     "He's quite the lady's man you'll get used to it." Mr. Thompson said. "Well shall we get back to the apartment?" He said leading the way to the side entrance. "The apartment comes fully furnished, and has a loft. It's perfect you a bachelorette like you." He says opening the door to the apartment. The exposed brick walls reminded me of New York. It's a nice apartment for one person.

       "I'll take it." I said after looking around. "Excelente I'll have my assistant bring over the contracts, and your bags brought up for you." He said shaking my hand. "Thank you." I said smiling. He handed me the keys and left. I stood in front of the window and looked out. The sun is starting to set, and the Vagus lights are starting to turn on.

     "Where would you like these?" Mr. Thompson's driver asks holding my bags. "You can just set them down there. Thank you." I say pointing to a spot next to the door. He does as he's told and leaves closing the door behind him. I take once last look around and make a list of the things I need for the night then head out.

      Luckily for me there's a Walmart that's a five minute walk from the building. As I walk through the store grabbing the essentials I have to remind myself that I have to carry everything back. Even with that in mind I ended up with more than I could carry. Looks like the cart is coming back with me.

     I put in my ear buds and make the walk back to my new home sucking on a lollipop. As I approach the building I see a familiar dark haired man leaning against the side with a cigarette in his mouth. His eyes meet mine and a smile grows on his face.

      "Hey doll." Brendon said blowing a cloud of smoke. I raise my eyebrows and give him an annoyed smile. I quickly grab my bags from the cart. "Let me help you with that." He said putting out his cigarette. "I've got it." I say. "Oh but I insist. A gentleman never lets a lady struggle." He says winking at me as she grabs some bags.

       I lead the way up to the apartment. "Some place you've got here." Brandon says looking around once I open the door. "Yeah I guess." I say putting down the bags I was carrying. "Well I'll leave you to get settled. If you need anything I'm almost always at the club just come on down." He says setting down the bags. "Thanks." I say smiling. "See you around doll." He says winking at me before leaving. Maybe he's not as terrible as I first thought. Well all anyone can have is high hopes that they meet someone decent on their first day in a new city.