All night

I was from the city, you was from the south side

I stood on the top of a tall building in the middle of New York. My camera in hand and my playlist in the background. It's nice up here. Everything seems so peaceful. Like these small tiny squares of light are the only thing visible in the night sky. Sometimes I wander what's going on in those lights, that's something that I should write in my notebook.

I come here and take pictures on my camera of the pretty lights and the view. Then I go home and use those pictures as inspiration to draw something. I sometimes write things about people or things I see over here. I have multiple passions and multiple aesthetics and sides of myself.

In the morning I'm this basic tumblr girl. I have the typical white, cosy room with marble patterns here and there and wooden furniture. My life is pretty boring. I mean, I have a loving family, a fair amount of money, loyal friends, a boyfriend, good grades but, as selfish as this may sound, I'm not satisfied. I want adventure and craziness in my life and since neither my friends or my boyfriend are able to give me that I guess I have to find it myself.

And this is where the night part of my life comes it. The night is the only time I can truly express myself. It has become my freedom and a place I come to clear my head.

This has become a daily routine for me. I drive to the middle of New York City and go to my favourite building. The building is a strip club and at the very top it has an open area full of colourful lights and random signs that say weird things such as "over here" and "Bob's beer".

I usually come here for 2-3 hours or until someone calls me and disturbs my day dream. Which is usually my boyfriend.

Ring Ring

I pick up my phone that was placed on my lap and look at the caller ID.

Who else could it be.

"Hey baby." He says in his cute voice. God I love him.

"Hey babe."

"Come homeeee I'm bored and I don't have someone to cuddle." He says in a pouty voice.

"Cuddle Grayson." I reply trying not to laugh.

"You know I would pick you over Grayson any day."

"Hey I heard that" I heard Grayson yell in the background making me burst out in laughter.

"So are you coming?"

"I'm on my way baby."

"I love you see you soon." He says making me melt. He's been saying the same thing for 2 years straight but I still melt every time.

With that I walk towards the elevator doors and make my way down.

As I reach the bottom floor I come in contact with the smell of cheap presume, alcohol and weed. Girls are dancing on poles while guys through money on the stage. I see my friend Lia or Sweaty, her stage name. I walk behind her and slap her ass as a joke. She turns around in shock until she recognises my face. She laughs and hugs me.

"You're an idiot." She says.

"Well you got a fat ass mami." I say checking her out, imitating what a guy did to her once.

She laughed and slapped me on the arm before I walked away.

30 mins later

I parked my car in the driveway of the dolan's house. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. A tired Gray opened it.

"Hey what are you doing here it's 1 am."

"The same thing I do every night." I reply. He leans on the door and looks me in the eyes.

"Really, what DO you do every night?"

"Live my dream." I simply say, walking past him and in to the house. I quickly run up the stairs not wanting to hear anything else. I walk down the hallway and towards Ethan's room. I open the door and walk towards Ethan's bed.

Naww he fell asleep.

His arms are wide open and he's covered with our favourite cuddle blanket. Snacks and movies are laid across the bed and I start to feel sad about leaving. I carefully get on the bed, trying not to wake him up. I get comfortable in his arms and cover myself with the blanket. I kiss his cheek goodnight before huddling my head into his chest.

"Baby you're back." He says in a groggy, sleepy voice.

"Mhm" I hum on his chest.

"Sorry for falling asleep I-" He tries to get up but I push him back down

"No I'm sorry for being late. Come on go back to sleep now." I wrap the blanket around him and lay back down. I notice he's staring at me.

"Have I ever told you that you're the most beautiful, caring and loving person on this planet." I blushed at his words and nodded my head because he says those exact words to me all the time.

"Yes, yes you have."

"Good, now never forget them." He places a sweet kiss on my lips before mumbling goodnight and pulling me into his warm chest.

And with those little words and actions, I find myself falling in love with him all over again.