The Snipers Nest

Lucky13nth inspired me to write this. I'm not very good at writing but i gave it a shot anyways.

     The thick humid air of the jungle took it's toll on the Veteran 5 man squad patrolling it's territory. The new exotic life swayed and buzzed as they passed by quietly almost at a peaceful rate. The tallest of the group leading the way through the bogging marsh signaled for a stop in movement just before his chest exploded, falling back into the water. The squad ducked behind the trees staring at the crimson pool surrounding their deceased squadmate.

     "Did anyone see where that shot came from?" The Sargent yelled to be unanswered. Peeking his head out from the cover of a thick tree another soilder met the same fate as his squadmate. "Stay down low and follow me. We're getting out of this killzone." the Sargent ordered quietly as to not give an idea of their position. Moving slowly behind a large fallen tree the 3 men approached dry land.

     Running from the edge of cover the last man running was blinded by a reflection missing the depression harbouring cover and meeting flesh with metal as he tripped. Down 3 men the Sargent was sent into quick panic. The newest of the rest not so much a veteran sprung from cover and dashed to the treeline into a field, dissappearing into the grass following a quick crack. The Sargent quickly moved in an opposite direction dashing through tree and vine alike before hearing a high pitched crack and stoping in his tracks, clenching his chest a tangle of vines moved from it's cover, holstering it's sidearm. The dying Sargent had walked right into the snipers nest and it was the last mistake he made.

     The sniper moved up to his prey slinging his rifle up and over his shoulder "Shame you should have followed your buddy's path. I ran out of bullets." the predator murmured adding a new pair of dogtags to his bunch.