Chapter one

I have to admit I was a bit nervous about being home by my self. I mean come on parents are leaving for a month and they trust me to stay home alone I mean it's not like I get all A's and never go to parties or never get in trouble. Oh wait I always get A's. I have never once been to a party and I have never gotten in trouble. Wow I sound so lame.

I closed my algebra book and set it on the ground I laid my head on my pillow and it has never felt so soft before. I closed my eyes and instantly fell asleep.

I was awaken shortly after I had fallen into my deep sleep.

"Kailynn we are leaving!" My mom yelled. I groaned and slid down the side of my bed. I got up and rubbed most of the sleep out of my eyes. I walked down the stairs very slowly. almost zombie like.

I saw my parents sitting on the couch sipping coffee out of marble glass mugs.

"Morning honey how'd ya sleep?" My dad asked.

"Oh considering I only got about 1hour of sleep...great!" I said sarcastically.

" we'll dear you were the one who stayed up until five in the morning doing homework. You realize that it's summer and you don't have to do homework right?" My mom asked

"Yeah I know but I have to stay caught up. I have never gotten a b in my life and I'm not gonna start now." I informed my mom and dad.

Okay so they woke me up at six am and they re just sitting here. Is all that I could think.

"Alright Kailynn well we are heading off so we will see you in a month right?" My dad asked. I couldn't focus. I saw a shadow Slide across our kitchen floor.

I just looked back at my parents thinking nothing of it cause I'm tired and it's probably just my imagination.

" right um bye guys" I stood up and hugged both my parents.

"We will miss you Kai now jut stay safe...no wild parties" my mom joked around cause she knows I have no social life.

"Okay mom. bye guys" I hugged them both one more time as they headed off to board their plane.