The pale boy in the coffee shop

"I've always wondering what it would be like to meet death. I always thought when I meet death face-to-face it would be followed by death. But I was wrong. I was so, so wrong."

Ari walked into her regular coffee shop, ordered her usual (a Carmel macchiato with extra Carmel) and set down her laptop at her normal spot to work on homework. She was currently a junior in college and was swamped in work for psychology. The barista called out her name and she grabbed her drink. She loved the different designs they would do in her coffee when she was here. Today the design was a simple smiley face, but as she walked back to her table it shook into what appeared to be very skull like. Thinking back to it now, she realized that was a sign of what was to follow, but she never believed in that and didn't think anything of it at the time.
Suddenly as she was working, a boy in a black hoodie with his hood up came and sat next to her. He started tapping he's fingers on the table next to hers. She observes that his skin was pale, almost white, with long, slender fingers. He was very thin, almost a stick. You could practically see the bones off his hand as he tapped his pointer finger on the table. One skinny leg was bouncing up and down, and he had his other hang on his chin as he sat anxiously. He suddenly turned to Ari.
He had skater black hair with a white steak in it
that swooped over his forehead. His face was long with a chiseled jawbone and cheekbones. He had a semi grown in beard, more of a scruff but still attractive. His blue eyes met with Ari's green eyes and she suddenly felt his hand press against her chest right above her heart. As his eyes stared deeply into hers, she suddenly had a very large chill overcome her. She shivered and looked down at his hand. She blinked and when she looked back up, he was walking away from her, going through the front door and leaving. She didn't know what to think of the event and was honest shaken by it. She didn't know why but she now had the urge to get out of there and go home. She packed up her bag, put her empty coffee mug on the counter and said thank you to the barista, and quickly exited.
In her rush she didn't think to look before crossing the street. But suddenly everything was black, and all she remembered was the screeching of horns and the wail of sirens, and for some reason, the face of boy.

————————————————————————
Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of this story. This is an original story I came up with and I will hopefully be getting a chapter out to you all per day. To stay updated make sure to his the heart button and save this story to your library. I can't wait to tell Ari's story and the story of the mysterious boy from the coffee shop :)
                                                    - Cm