Like My Father, I Was Feeling Epic

Being who I am was always a challenge. It always was some big deal. With Lexya none of that mattered. Not ever. Except now it does, but not because she can't accept me. Because tonight is the night where I Damien Locheart die. I was ready to accept it right then and there when my father stabbed me and turned me into this beast. And I still am.

"Come on Damien now you wanna be heroic!"
Callie yelled.
"Maybe I love the feeling of being Epic C." I smiled crying.
"No. Not today. Not when your child is on the way D." She replied crying right along with me.
"Promise me Damien!" She begged.
"I promise." I lied," You'll go be there for Lexya."
"No-" she started.
"You'll be there for Lexya and my unborn child. You'll be the person I knew you could always be. So cheerful and full of pride. You'll become the singer you always wanted to be. And you'll know I loved you like a sister. Now you'll mourns for me and might shed some tears. But you know deep down this is the right thing. Most importantly you'll find a husband. Grow old and have grandchildren's to bore. You'll have an epic life. Goodbye little warrior." I cried a little more as she walked away.

   I picked up my phone and called Lexya. It took two rings and she answered.

"Hello Love." I smiled.
"When am I going to see you?" She asked.
"Soon." I promised.
"Good. The baby is kicking." She said as I began to cry.
"Maybe then he or she will be an exact spitting image of their old man." I smiled.
"I miss you."
"I miss you too love." I replied.
"I love you-" I ended the call and walked up to the gateway to hell. I looked back smiling as I rushed in.

  Everything was so black and white. I picked up the dirt and let the scent in as it was familiar to home. I see someone in a brown cloak so familiar and so recognizable. She was my great aunt. My aunt Rebekah.  I walk up hesitant at first unsure if this was a fantasy or a reality, but eventually within seconds she proved my hypothesis to be correct. I was on the other side.

"Damien!" She replied hugging me tightly.
"Hella Auntie Bekah." I replied with a smile.
"How's Lexya?" She asked.
"Pregnant." I smiled, "very very pregnant."
"I'm so happy for you." She smiled.
"I thought I told you to live a happy life with your cousin hope."
"Dad!" I replied hugging him tightly.
"Why are you here?" He asked.
"Life happened." I replied.
"Damien speak now!" He replied upset.
"I made a deal with the devil himself. To protect our family and to protect Mystic Falls. It was my decision Dad. I would make it again if need be." I replied.
"Not this time son. Not now. You have more of a life to live. You owe that to your sister Haylee." He replied walking away.
"Where are you going brother?" Rebekah asked confused.
"To meet a devil." He smirked.