Chapter 1

"No running in the halls," called the Principal in his usual monotone voice. The student down the hall looked nervous, turning the corner to try and escape. Luckily for him, the Principal was faster, and he teleported both himself and the student into his office.

"15 seconds. Detention for you. You should know better!" he scolded, exiting the room quickly.

All he wanted to do was keep the kids safe, and he couldn't help but feel a sense of pride every time he put a rule-breaker in detention.

He carried on with his usual monitoring of the school, whistling a repetitive tune as he twirled a pen between his fingers. Turning the corner, he realized he was walking down the longest hallway in the school. Something about it always unnerved him, though he couldn't explain why. The doors were spaced correctly on each side until one space where only an empty wall stood.

It was as if a room was supposed to be there.

Something inside the Principal was always pulling him towards it, which scared him most about this hallway. Something is stuck behind this wall. The feeling came to him often. He shook his head to clear the thought and hurried on to check on the students.

The next day, as he passed near the empty wall once again, a voice seemed to call to him, though he couldn't understand what it was saying. This scared the Principal more than the hallway ever had before, and he picked up his pace.

After days of trying to avoid the hallway, he ended up walking down it while chasing a student for drinking in the halls. Distracted at first, he barely noticed the green door where the empty wall once stood. But turning back around, he froze. Black text was written across the door. He read it out loud to himself:

"Baldi's office?"