Don't you worry your pretty blonde nest.

"Ash! Ash it's the first frickin' day! How are you already running late!? God, I swear if you're not outside within two minutes, Becca and I are leaving your hoe ass home. You can walk to school".

I cut the call faster than I had rung her, I didn't want to scream. But I couldn't help yelling either; as much as I enjoyed being the centre of attention, there was a difference between 'fashionably late' and 'Sitting outside Principal Nutty's office until the second bell late'.

I wasn't genuinely mad at her, obviously though. I couldn't ever be, she was the sweetheart out of us five. My darling, darling Ashley. I'd have to keep telling myself that before I was forced to commit a crime.

"What are we going to do about that dimwit, Becs", I sighed leaning onto her shoulder, one hand still on the wheel.

Becca ruffled my hair slightly and giggled, "She'll be here soon enough, don't you worry your pretty blonde nest".

Becca laughed aloud for real now. She loved mocking my golden locks, all in good humour of course. These were my two best friends: Rebecca and Ashely, or as I called them 'Becca/Becs' and 'Ash'. I couldn't live without my girls (or my guys, but we'll get to that later). We weren't just ride or die, we were bitches for life.

These were the only girls who could go through my closet and wear my Givenchy's while still breathing within the hour, I thought to myself unknowingly. We were tight, tighter than your Fashionnova fit or that sports bra buried in your closet.

And who am I?

I'm Misty Sanders, of course.
I run Blue Northern High School, I and I alone. Then came the four of them, the girls followed by Jake and Tyler. Those two were assholes, but aren't all best friends, think about it. You'd be surprised at everything you loathed about them if you hadn't begun to love those disgusting habits.

High School was both exactly like the movies, but nothing alike either. Being smart no longer labelled you geeky, it said you had a future. Athletes weren't worshipped, although still admired. Cheerleaders were girls acing their SAT's and reading Shakespeare, while still dating in the dark. You weren't weird here, everyone had a place. Within their own tribe of course.
I'm a queen here because I'm admired; because I cheer, ace my tests, an honour roll student, play basketball, remain fashionable, debate...I do a lot, clearly. The teachers love me, as they should.

I revved the engine and smirked at a now puffing Ashley in the back seat,
"Took you short enough", I said.
"Oh honey, your boyfriend lasts shorter", she replied.

I smiled. Life is perfect and beautiful for the bitches, just like it should be.