Listen To Your Heart

I looked up to the blue eyes in front of me, with uncertainty in my own. He kissed my temple, assuring me that all will be okay and I gave him another glance that mirrored the fear within me. His blue eyes gave me an unwavering stare, as if trying to find something in mine.

Those blue eyes.

They were a startling contrast to the pitch dark night, as if it was trying to rival the brightness of the moon. It illuminated and shone from its dark background, making him stand out.

He had always been one to stand out. He never bothered to be different and that made him different.

To others it could have been the charismatic smile or the infectious laugh.

But, to me, it was those eyes.

It was those blue eyes that started it all.

-

We both ruled two very different crowds. No, this was not just another high school cliché, although it did play a part. It was a division in society, a large gap with no bridge due the brainwashed mindset of the people nowadays. Both worlds, we coexisted in peace.

Well, most of the time.

Mr. Acropolis was a respectable man in town. He was one of the wealthiest men around with his ever booming business of almost everything. He was a cold hearted man when it came to business but a jovial and down to earth in person.

Or so we all thought. Heck, even I fell for that trap and how wrong I was.

Now, all I see is a monster disguised in Armani and sleazy smiles.

Mr. Walker. I had always referred to him as an eccentric man. His eyes had this mischievous twinkle whenever he spoke. He too, a serious man when it came to business, but yet, at the same time, he was jovial and down to earth in person, just like Mr. Acropolis.

Yet, he too, was just another monster who lied through his teeth.

They seem to come for similar worlds to outsiders, but us, those that were on the inside, we know better. Our worlds were separated with mutual hatred and a political war, that if the one were to touch the other with five foot pole, it would have been a disgrace.

Nick and I though, we didn’t do that, we did something far more terrible.

We fell in love.

-

Cecelia Acropolis, she had always been somewhat of a known name due to her father and also the fact that she is an absolute scatterbrain. In almost any event, there was always something that would happen thanks to her and clumsiness.

Most did not mind though. In fact, some even told her that they found it endearing.

Nick Walker was well-known in the town and not for the best of reasons.

He was a notorious player. Everyone was aware of this, even the Acropolis. But aside from them, everyone else adored him as well. He had a knack with words, just like his father, and his charm was impossible to resist.

I would know. I fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

The adults loved him, constantly telling him “what an amazing man he will grow up to be, just like his father”. The teenagers constantly pined for him, well aware of his long list of conquests.

They all referred to him as the charming yet scandalous one.

They all referred to her as the sweet yet quirky one.

They were a cliché, the biggest and most well-known of all.

So everyone certainly did not expect for it to happen in real life.