Chapter 1

My name is Valerie Reed, I'm 18 and a complete idiot. There's not much to me in all honesty, I spend most of my days in my bedroom scrolling through social media and envying my peers. 

Why? The simple answer is because I'm an outsider, I don't connect with those around me; no matter how hard I try. 

I sigh, sitting up from my bed. I was currently looking at a photo of Leslie Cobalt and Jessie Jones, the 'it' couple at my school. 

Even though I think they're too full of themselves and clearly are together for attention from others. It was a well known fact that they cheat on one another on a weekly basis. 

Most relationships are like this with people my age, and it's fucking annoying. I don't understand the complexity behind a teenage romance. Nor am I interested in learning about it. 

Throwing my legs over my bed, I stand and walk towards my laptop that was planted on my desk. 

"Let's see what Miles is up to.." I mutter to myself, as I throw myself onto my desk chair. Miles was my best and only friend, someone who I can truly trust. 

I click onto his social media page and see that he is hanging out with our other friend Cheryl, she was nice and all but could be nosy at times. 

My phone started ringing, so I turned around and grabbed it.

"Hello?" I asked, not bothering to check the caller ID. 

"Umm.. is this Leslie?" A deep voice asked on the other end.

"No sorry, you got the wrong number." I replied, laying back down on my bed.

"Oh. Do you go to Centerville High? I swear I've heard your voice before." He asked, making my cheeks burn bright.

"Umm yeah.." I responded, automatically realizing who is on the other side of the line. Jace Harding, the hottest bad boy around. Maybe if I didn't have a crush on him, I would hate him as much as I hate Leslie and Jessie.

"What's your name?" He asked, clearly in thought.

"I got to go." I quickly replied, while ending the call.

What the actual fuck.

I threw my head back and groaned, why did I even continue the conversation. I mean, it isn't like I have to face him on the first day of school tomorrow.

I started staring at the ceiling, thinking about all the times I used to look at him in our English III class, staring at his tanned muscular arms, his defined chest which no shirt could hide. His dark hair and eyes, fuck. I need to stop thinking about him. Senior year needs to be different, including my romantic interests. Which are completely unrealistic may I add.

I felt my eyelids go heavy before I slowly closed them. Drifting into a lustful filled dream of none other than Jace. 

-

A/N

What did you guys think of the first chapter!

I'm not expecting many reads, I'm doing this for fun and probably will upload twice a week.

Thank you for reading ;)