1.

I  walked into the building that I had spent the past two years in. I tilted my head to the side to avoid the creepy doorman that worked in my building. But to no avail he noticed me.

"Scarlet! Hey, I waited an extra hour for you, maybe we can go grab that Indian food together that we were supposed to get last week."

"Yeah no, I don't think I want to nor will I ever want to get any sort of food with you. So if you would be kind enough to piss off and let my life my fucking life."

"You little bitch. You don't understand, I was trying to make this easier for the both of us but I guess we'll have to do it the hard way." He aggressively grasped my waist and pushed me against the wall. He pinned my arms above my head.

"Now you can either say you'll go, or we can do this the hard way." He grinned. But not the grin you want to see.

"You heard me. No!" I screamed back.

"Alrighty then, you asked for it." But I had other things in mind. I lifted up my leg, and kneed him right where the sun don't shine. 

"Take that bitch" Then I proceeded to kick him in the stomach. 

"You will be sorry." He groaned. I turned away and began to walk towards the elevator. Suddenly a pair of arms snaked around my throat, and I was dragged to the ground.

"You," Slap

"Little," Slap

"Bitch," Gunshot.

I winced in pain as his body fell on top of mine.  A man walked over.

"Hunt, you need to get your ass down here right now. I just killed someone and you need to take care of the body." He screamed through the phone. The man picked up the body and looked at me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Well, you know, I just got attacked by a doorman, almost died, saw someone die, but other than that I'm just dandy!" He chuckled and offered me his hand. I took it and he helped me stand.

"Why don't you come up to my apartment and I'll help you clean that nasty scratch up for you?" I put my hand up to my cheek and felt the blood.

"Oh shit, umm, yeah sure." I hesitantly replied. We walked over to the elevator. I place my hand on the glossy elevator button and pressed it. We both walked in and stood at opposite ends.

"I dont think you caught my name," He spoke up.

"Doesn't seem like it," I laughed.

"I'm Patrick," He said.

"Scarlet," I gave him a warm smile and looked directly into his icy blue eyes.

"I've never seen you around here, did you just move in or?" I questioned.

"I'm in and out town, my job requires me to travel a lot." He said softly.

"What do you do for a living?"

"Well, please don't freak out, but I'm a gang leader." I looked at the floor and back up at him.

"Your not going to kill me right?" A panicked look spread across his face.

"No, no you have nothing to worry about. Our gang only works on taking down those who harm others. Trafficking rings to be exact, I only kill those who need to be killed." He paused.

"We'll just be keeping tabs on you, just in case." 

"Oh, okay," I said cautiously.

"You have nothing to be worried about." He flashed a toothy smile. Finally after the longest elevator ride, we finally arrived at the pent house. We were greeted by a door man.

"Mr. Davis, Welcome back." 

"Thank you," He said so softly. I followed him into the penthouse and he pointed me in the direction of the bathroom.

"I'll be there in a few minutes, I just have to grab the first aid kit." I walked into the small bathroom and sat on the sink counter top. He followed me in shortly.

"This might sting." He placed a cold cotton round to my forehead. I winced in pain.

"Sorry," He gave me a sympathetic look.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked.

"Because I have a soft spot for women. My mom died due to abuse, I vowed to myself that I would never let any women get hurt on my watch, or hurt any women." 

"Your kind of hurting me right now," I laughed.

"You have a cute laugh," I turned my face away to hide a blush.

"I don't think I said this before, but thank you for saving me."

"It's what I do," He looked at me and winked.

"How often do you take in rescues?" I said laughing.

"Your my first," He said. We both laughed. He continued to clean my wound.

--------------

"And you are all done." He gave me a warm smile.

"I have no clue how i'm going to repay you for saving me."

"Dinner tomorrow night?" He asked.

"You want to go out to dinner with me?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's how your going to repay me." He smiled, and handed me his phone.

"I'll send you the details later," he said as i entered my phone number. I made my way toward the front door.

"Thank you so much for everything," I said pushing open the door .

"It was really nothing, I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled as I exited the penthouse. 

--------------

I stood in front of my bathroom mirror brushing out my blond locks. It had just hit me, I was going to dinner with a gang leader. I stood there and thought about what I was doing. How do I always get myself into there kinds of situations? I grabbed a makeup wipe of of the counter top and wiped my makeup off. I'm not even going to pretend that I'm not freaking out. A really hot gang leader.

--------------

And there you guys have it. Chapter one is complete. Let me know your thoughts and opinions and be sure to leave me ideas! I's really sorry because this chapter was absolutely awful and I still have no clue what I'm doing. Love you all <3