Chp. 1

How'd I get myself stuck in this situation? Should've minded my own business. But who doesn't wanna watch a free fight? My mind was telling me something wasn't right but I had the urge to watch. In this situation I felt like I had an angel on my left shoulder and a demon on right shoulder. It wasn't a fair fight but hey the man was holding up a good fight against two tall and buff looking men. All fun in games until one of the guys decided to have enough, taking his pistol out his waistband aiming the gun at the strangers forehead. The sound of the gun shot echoed in the ally.

I've seen enough movies to know these type of situations don't end up good being caught. Slowly and quietly, I started walking backwards but.. my heel knocked over a beer bottle causing it to break. "Shit." I looked up quickly making eye contact with the guy that just shot somebody. "Well, I'm gonna go now. Bye, adios, peace." They took a quick glance at each other and nodded. I'm glad I had experience in running, looks like the foster home was good for something after all.

Only one came after me it was only a matter of time before they both caught me. I felt like Barry Allen you know the guy who's the fastest man alive, but that came to a end when I attempted to take a short cut and found myself at a dead end. "Hey, you're gonna have to com—" I cut him off mid sentence. "Sorry, give me a second." I said putting up my index finger. Running sure is a lot of work, but I can only do it for so long."Alright as you were saying." I said regaining my breath. The look on his face was telling me he was confused like nobody has ever told him to wait in these type of situations. "Hurry up I don't have all night."

A black tinted SUV pulled up behind the tall, good looking man. Did I fail to mention he was good looking earlier? My focus was on the man that stepped out the car, was my mouth open? Well even if it was he could've put his di–, what was I thinking? Wrong situation to be checking out this man. He was about 6'2 1/2 at least. Black hair gelled back, grey eyes that looked ice cold. His muscles clung onto his shirt. "Sleep." Is all he said with his accent. Pause, did he just demand me to sleep? "Listen here asshole you don't tell me what to do, expect me to sleep? You must be out of your damn mind if you think I'm gon.." 

Earlier

My roommate pounded on my door yelling for me to wake up. I wish I could be a bear so I could hibernate without anyone bothering me. Minutes passed without any sound outside my door just as I was about to dose off, BANG. My door swung open and Sam my best friend ran towards me. "GOOD MORNING KYSS." She was beautiful, her blonde hair was shoulder length, deep blue eyes, freckles, skinny, she was about 5'8 I was only a inch taller than her. It took me a while to get over the fact that I loved my body. "It's so early, why're you waking me up?" I groaned. "It's 1:32 PM." She said falling to the empty side of my queen size bed. "Oh by the way we're going out tonight." She states while getting up from my bed, exiting my room.

7 hours later.

It was finally time to get ready. I lazily got up and headed towards the bathroom. Before I took off my clothes I turned on the water because this crappy apartment we had in Brooklyn. I'm twenty years old, I don't have the best past but we're not gonna talk about it that. The water was steaming so I knew it was time to get in. Let's face it, meals need to cook. Forty five minutes later and my shower was rudely interrupted. "WHY ARE YOU TAKING SO LONG, YOU BETTER HURRY UP. IM NOT HELPING YOU WITH YOUR MAKEUP." Sam yelled through the crack of the door.

I had my outfit planned a black dress off the shoulders and a little bit over knee length. Don't forget my black choker with 'LA' on the front. My makeup was light, like a peach color eyeshadow with a plum color lipgloss, mascara and eye linear done perfect on the first try. Black heels to go with this outfit. Majority of my camera roll tonight was filled with selfies. I had to post something new on my feed.

Kyss's outfit

Kyss's outfit

The noise of heels got my attention and Sam walked into my room. Woah. My best friend was hot, I hope she doesn't bring another stranger to our apartment cause I'm planning on sleeping good tonight.

Sams outfit tonight

Sams outfit tonight

When we arrived at the club in Manhattan we had to pass the security guards to get in line which curved around the corner but they told us we could head in. Once we walked through the doors the strobe lights matched the beat of the music. Pushing our way through sweaty bodies dancing to the boo'd up currently. We finally managed to sit down on the bar stool. The vibration from the music was making our drinks shake but not for long because we downed them quickly. A man across the bar winked at Sam and she blushed back in response. "Sam, we barely been here for thirty minutes and you already found a one night stand already?" I lightly pushed her shoulder. "Listen, a girl got needs. Oh by the way don't come home early. Tata." She said while walking away swaying her hips.

The liquor was finally in my system. I felt eyes roam my body. Watching me from afar but I couldn't figure out who. No more drinking for me. "On the house." The bartender said sliding the drink towards me from the other side of the bar. Alright I know what I said about no more drinking, it was free and I wasted half my money already can you judge me? I hesitated but it was my night off.

My phone buzzed with a notification from Instagram, I didn't bother to open the app. I sobered up enough to know I could handle myself at least forty five percent.  It was around 3:00 AM when I decided to leave the club. My feet were numb from walking on these heels all night. That's when I heard all the commotion in the ally.

Blah blah blah blah you know that's how I ended up here. I heard a name Damien Black. That's the only thing I made out of the words they were saying before I officially knocked out.