Intro

Amidst the light traffic of a Tuesday night, a mysterious man creeps into the alley way and pauses as a dim streetlight creates his shadow. Except, there were many shadows all of which resembling the man. None of which were copying the man's actions.
"So, this is how it's going to be?" The man said into the air.
"Hey- it's your fault you know," a shadow whispered to him
The man was flustered by the response but remained level-headed. "It was out of my control"
A different shadow started to laugh. The man turned to face it.
"You could have prevented it," the shadow told him, "you could have stopped it prematurely."
This one hurt the man more. "Stop it," he declared, "you don't know what would've happened."
A different shadow seemed to shrivel up in disgust. "Still, wouldn't them being alive be better than what happened? You had to do it. You had to get what you wanted. Look what it cost you."
The man was getting unstable. "No. No! I didn't mean for that to happen-"
"You stepped out of line," the original shadow injected, "It doesn't matter if you didn't mean for that to happen, their deaths are a direct result of what you did!"
The man was quivering and silently crying.
"Henry and Lindsay," the man said in tears, "I'm so sorry."
A shadow that had not spoken gave the man a dirty look. "You do not deserve pity," it yelled at him, "Obviously you thought the reward was worth the risk and 'oh no!' the risk came to bite you in the ass!!"
By this point the man was crying out loud and loudly at that. The shadows did not relent. They shouted at him.
"This is your personal hell, you'd better get used to it!"
"Coward! You tried to take the easy way out! Was it worth it?"
"What do you even fight for? A lost cause?"
"Now who do you have left now? Huh?"
"Admire your creation, you knew this was going to happen eventually."
All of a sudden, the little light from the streetlight went out and took the shadows with it. The man was still crying to himself, curled into a ball in the middle of the alley. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed someone do a double take and rush into the alley, toward the man. It was a girl the man had never met before. She frowned at him.
She looked out of the alley, as if talking to someone who was out there, and spoke four words.
"He's not ready yet."
...
Micheal woke up with a lump in his chest and tears in his eyes. He sat straight up on his little twin bed. He looked at his clock and sighed realizing that he has to go to work for. He stood out and started to walk out the room when a thought occurred to him- "What do I fight for?"