inner creature

Everybody has a soul but for some people, their inner soul can take control and they turn inside out, becoming their spirit animal, also known as becoming rogue. Everybody, normal or not, also has an element and me, I'm a metal element but one disadvantage of this is we are rare and pretty much always can change so we have to go to a special school for the rarer elements, and I'm about to start but that's tomorrow... Apparently I am going to be trained how to change purposefully, as if a rarer element becomes roguel, they can bring a great hazard or peace to reality. But me I'm also a legendary animal, I'm pretty much a mythological animal to be specific... My spirit animal is a hummingbird now it may seem pretty average, as hummingbirds are popular creatures, but mine is special, as i am a metal element as this means i have monochrome wings and a sleek, dark silver body with glossy feathers but hey I'm a quick and strong fighter who's light on their feet and has an impeccable reaction time and an instinctual sense of balance means I never fail to dodge I also can roundhouse somebody with ease.

Of course, this naturally means I have little choice of going to this school, though most of us go by will, of course. This because some people can become... Envious of what we are, and some of us are even actively hunted, and the school is a safe place for us. I've heard that it's a place to embrace your talents, not shun and suppress them. I'm unsure whether to be excited or nervous... Of course, this place has people of all races, genders, creatures and elements, some rarer than others, but all treated as equals. So day one, this should be "fun" but you never know I could make some new friends...

I was already packed, and so I instead decided to mentally prepare for the life ahead of me... Of course, this meant that instead of being a normal human being and sleeping, I meditated all night and when the sun rose, I got up, showered, ate breakfast, grabbed my bags and walked out the door, trying not to think about home as i jogged to school as i lived closeby whilst listening to my favourite track of 80's music and turned up to the giant oak doors almost like something out of a book but the place itself was like a mansion but as i heaved open one of the doors I was greeted by a grimm, twisted smile, and I looked up to see someone approaching me as they held their hand out in an almost sarcastic handshake as their eyes were cold and almost unfeeling. Their sharp voice rang out through the otherwise empty space "Hello, you are?" and I replied "Hey my name's Rygel and I'm the new metal element what and who are you?" I wasn't surprised by her seemingly cold demeanor as she looked away for a moment, as if seeming to decide whether or not she even wanted to speak, "Trinity, my name's Trinity... I'm a shadow element," she seemed as if she wanted to leave the second she saw me, but she stayed and talked and followed her answer up with "What's your animal?" So I replied with "I'm a hummingbird what about you?" She looked off to the side as she replied half-heartedly "I am a wolf..."and I replied with"Oh joy" Deciding that if she wanted to be sarcastic, we could both play at that game but we chose not to and chose to get to know eachother better and she taught me that we can summon weapons and that hers is a double ended scythe and that I should have a rapier like my favourite anime character other than that she was a great at teaching me. I found out that she was sort of my tutor and friend as she showed me where my classes were with her but she was really cool at showing me how to change into our spirit animals and hers was a fairly large wolf with a black coat and dark purple eyes she was magnificent for a wolf but by the time i started changing it was dorm time as we have to pretty much live here. I had to share a room with a green haired gamer called sean (who's element was ice and animal bengal cat) and he was irish but a cool guy from my first impression so with day one over I thought it was cool and okay its not every day when you go to a school with people who change into animals.